Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 870 cqb

870 cqb

Hey BBB, any update on those pre-ordered adapters? Will they be shipping soon? I know you're a busy guy, but any Intel would be much appreciated.
    'The armed citizen is the correct answer to the armed sociopath.'

this week, out of down till tomorrow for meetings with my other buissness
    should be shipping shortly, just have to put them togeather
    bbb

You are THE man bbb!

CGN Regular
    Any update on these? Really looking forward to getting mine.

All are shipping today

CGN Regular
    Awesome!

Mine arrived this morning

Thank you!

sweet, so I got my kit in the mail yesterday, and you wouldn't believe how excited I was to get home and slap my shotgun together.

Unboxing the shotgun, my initial impression was "is this really the finish??" The adapter body is super rough and not finished very nicely at all. I know you had been experimenting with new materials but wow did it ever sacrifice beauty. However, beauty is the last thing in my mind when it comes to a git-r-done gun so I can look past that.

Next, doesn't the ad on your website claim all parts are mil-spec? Or did I read somewhere that the buffer tube was mil-spec? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Either way, turns out it's commercial. Good thing I bought that mil-spec magpul stock in anticipation..... NOT. Thank goodness I just bought one of your mil-spec buffers during your father's day sale, so I took that off my AR build I'm in the middle of and planned to switch the two buffers around. Wow, how easy it could be to cross thread the buffer tube in that lexan adapter. I feel like it would be a prudent move to include some educational material on the risks of messing around with plastic threads with your products. I didn't cross thread mine, but I was close, and I could see it going real bad for some people.

Anyways, all in all the product performs as advertised and I've wanted one of these for as long as I can remember, so I'm willing to look past some imperfections. Thanks badboybeeson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pte.BiC View Post
    sweet, so I got my kit in the mail yesterday, and you wouldn't believe how excited I was to get home and slap my shotgun together.

Unboxing the shotgun, my initial impression was "is this really the finish??" The adapter body is super rough and not finished very nicely at all. I know you had been experimenting with new materials but wow did it ever sacrifice beauty. However, beauty is the last thing in my mind when it comes to a git-r-done gun so I can look past that.

Next, doesn't the ad on your website claim all parts are mil-spec? Or did I read somewhere that the buffer tube was mil-spec? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Either way, turns out it's commercial. Good thing I bought that mil-spec magpul stock in anticipation..... NOT. Thank goodness I just bought one of your mil-spec buffers during your father's day sale, so I took that off my AR build I'm in the middle of and planned to switch the two buffers around. Wow, how easy it could be to cross thread the buffer tube in that lexan adapter. I feel like it would be a prudent move to include some educational material on the risks of messing around with plastic threads with your products. I didn't cross thread mine, but I was close, and I could see it going real bad for some people.

Anyways, all in all the product performs as advertised and I've wanted one of these for as long as I can remember, so I'm willing to look past some imperfections. Thanks badboybeeson.

The buffer tube should have been mil spec as its the only one we make, unless it got mixed up with some other parts in our parts bin.
    we had not intended to have any one remove the buffer tube, that is why were were not concerned about some one cross threading it.
    As for the finish, we are working on that, and thing we have worked a way to make it look a bit nicer, if you are truly unhappy with it in the end , let us know and we will get you a new one on our next run
    thanks

S&J

BBB, thanks for the offer man. It's all good, like I said the gun isn't meant to win any pageants. Yea the buffer fas for sure not mil-spec, I tried a few stocks I have and the only stocks that fit were the one that came with it and the commercial one off my Jr carbine. The mil-spec tube I ordered at father's day fit all my mil-spec stocks no problems. Again, not much of an issue, but I still think you should expect some one to fiddle with the stuff you sell. You are after all selling custom components.

I love the product. Would definitely buy again, especially if the finish is only going to get better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast