Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question re: who normally pays for shipping on a handgun sale....?

Question re: who normally pays for shipping on a handgun sale....?

Hi everyone,

selling 2 prohibs, both s&w, 1) model 39 9mm (with 3 mags) excellent cond. 2) model 37 snubbie, 3 sets of grips, excellent cond. I have someone interested in the model 37 and he wants me to pay for shipping. Just wanted to know who normally pays for the shipping part of the deal.

Thanks Rob.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cereal83's Avatar
    As a seller, I would want the buyer to pay for shipping. As a buyer, I want the seller to pay for shipping. You can try to split it and see if he goes for that?
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

It's negotiable between the seller and buyer.

As a buyer, I expect that shipping is on my dime. As a seller, I make sure to specify in my adds that shipping in at buyer's expense.

When you order stuff online, who pays for shipping (excluse free shipping promo) ?

For me, you buy, you pay
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    An ad is much more attractive when the seller's price includes shipping, IMO.

It is always the buyer that pays the shipping it may be built into the price.

Buyer pays or as the others say you could split it
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Keep this in mind... only the SHIPPER can make the insurance claim if something gets lost or damaged. So buyer can reimburse for shipping and insurance. It's just something that needs to be hashed out between buyer and seller tho.

I definitely agree with trebor2880 on this statement tho. "An ad is much more attractive when the seller's price includes shipping, IMO."

Hey Thanks to all who replied, good responses with lots of food for thought. Rob.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    An ad is much more attractive when the seller's price includes shipping, IMO.
    This is my philosophy as well.

Whenever I sell, I include shipping anywhere in Canada in the price. That is to say that I figure out how much I want to get out if the item, add in estimated shipping (and insurance some times) and set my asking price based on that. Depending on the item, I may say insurance extra or just include insurance in the price to keep my own caboose covered.

Shipping may end up being $10 more than i figured or $10 less; all depending on where the buyer lives but it all works out int he end. And when someone busy one of my guns, they know the total price as soon as they see the ad. Seems to work pretty good. People seem to like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast