Thread: p226 barrel in p762

BANNED

p226 barrel in p762

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried to do this, or if anyone who owns/has access to both wouldn't mind trying to satisfy some strangers curiosity.

I Know the magazine for a p762 is too long for a p226, but assume you could probably put 9mm or 357 shells in the p762 magazine, so if the barrels are exchangeable then...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    then the question should also be, how do 9mm cartridges fit in the P762 mag, how are the feed lips, do they hold 9mm? then since the x25 cartridge is longer, how do you line up the 9mm in the longer mag? once a round is stripped from the mag do they go off centre front to back and nose dive?
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    recoil springs and guide rod differences

its just not a good idea

and also I have a 226 its a 1300 $ gun

even if I had the p762 there is no way in hell I would attempt what you are asking with my toy

BANNED
    Yeah, the recoil spring/guide rod is something I hadn't thought about, haven't had the opportunity to look at both of these guns at the same time, just curious to know how different the external dimensions of the barrels are.

As far as feeding from the magazine goes, I'm pretty sure that it can be made to work, once one has some spare p762 mags to work with. If that ever happens.
    Either way, it's just an idea; a barrel is much cheaper than the gun. I have no doubts about the strength of the Chinese steal, just the quality of finish.

I don't think p226 barrels even work in the np22 let alone the p762. I can't find the pictures now but I think you need to grind a couple corners off a p226 barrel's locking lug for it to even work in a np22 because of the steel insert in the frame.

BANNED
    Thanks for the info, appreciated

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    Correct. I've seen those pics too. I wonder... If you got a caliber conversion kit for a Sig, grind those corners... It would come with everything you need.

Quote Originally Posted by mewse View Post
    I don't think p226 barrels even work in the np22 let alone the p762. I can't find the pictures now but I think you need to grind a couple corners off a p226 barrel's locking lug for it to even work in a np22 because of the steel insert in the frame.
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

Maybe a better idea would be the Norinco NP22, which costs less than a SIG caliber conversion kit, and is a whole 9mm just in case the parts need too much modification... I don't know who makes the NP22 for Norinco, it may even be the same company that makes the P762