Thread: Restricted Registration Papers Wait-Time

CGN Regular

Restricted Registration Papers Wait-Time

What is the average expected wait-time in order to get your restricted registration papers (comes with the blank green sheet) in the mail from date of ATT from dealer/private seller?

This is the second restricted I have purchased. ATT from CFO and delivery from seller was no problem. Three days. I purchased the handgun 2 full weeks ago. However, I have yet to receive the registration papers in the mail. The last time I purchased, I received the reg in the mail 4 days after taking possession of my last restricted. Whole thing took under 2 weeks.

Not sure if there was some kind of mess up on account of the threatened postal walkout, but seeing as that's been ironed out for now, I would have expected to get the papers in the mail last Friday at the latest. I was anxious to take the pistol out tomorrow to the range, but that's not looking to good right now.

I have only once gotten my reg certs in less than 2 weeks...many times up to 3 weeks.

I just went thru this, and it was a good 3 weeks, maybe closer to 3.5 to get mine.

Just another free-range human living on the Canadian tax farm.
    Mine took 3 weeks to arrive. I called the RCMP after waiting for 2 weeks and was told they had been sent a week earlier. It still took another week for them to arrive.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
    [CCFR]
    [CSSA] [OFAH]

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    My last one took almost 3 weeks as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    I'm in BC. I'll get Transfers done and emailed to me in less than 8 hours. The reg certs come from Miramichi and usually take 3 weeks or so...

I got my registration papers a week after the transfer was initiated by the store. Located in BC and its the first restricted I have ever bought.

Two weeks for me

Purchased handgun on a Tuesday. Picked it up the same Thursday. Got the cert the following Friday.