Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballistol 3-in-1 Cleaner-Solvent-Lubricant at AmmoSupply.ca

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybarry View Post
    Oooooh! Lemonade again or something Slurpee like? FYI, the Co-op gourmet jelly beans are even better than the original Jelly Belly's
    Seriously?! I just got you Jelly Belly's!!!!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Excellent! I use it exclusively for cleaning of my black powder firearms. Cut 1:1 with water as a fantastic bore cleaner, alternate with dry patches. The use undiluted Ballistol for a final wipe of bore and all exterior parts before storage. If you are a BP shooter and haven't tried Ballistol, I highly recommend it.

Kate: can you confirm if the 16oz. size is the liquid (i.e. non-aerosol) form? Your post references a 16oz bottle, but the website shows it as a 16oz can (aerosol). I prefer to work with liquid Ballistol.
    The 16oz bottle is not an aerosol, the 6oz bottle is an aerosol. I'll have to check our pictures!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Awesome stuff.
    sic semper tyrannis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dirtybarry's Avatar
    [QUOTE=AmmoSupply Kate;12826069]Seriously?! I just got you Jelly Belly's!!!![/QUOTE

see you before 4
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

BANNED
    Ballistol is mineral oil, oleic acid and different alcohols: 2-methyl-1-propanol, 2-methyl-1-butanol, and benzyl alcohol.

Assuming everything is USP grade - even reagent grade - as opposed to industrial grade, it should be relatively benign. Propellants from the aerosol can are a different matter altogether.

FF

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    It can also keep your skin/leather soft and is a disinfectant. Here's a blurb about its toxicology from the German web site:

In various feeding experiments with rabbits, guinea pigs and dogs it could be demonstrated that Ballistol does not have any acutely toxic properties. The test animals were given 2 grams per kilogram bodyweight, which did not cause even the least chronic health damage. This is not only true with single experiments but also with a series of experiments that were carried out over a time span of seven days. It can also be asserted that little two-year-old children who erroneously drank out a 50 ml-bottle did not show any pathological symptoms apart from a little hangover like it appears after drinking too much alcohol. Within twelve hours the children were absolutely well again.

This observation coincides with the fact that a large number of huntsmen and shooters use Ballistol internally when they suffer from digestion problems or heartburn. Several reports maintain that even year-long use does not damage your health.

The disinfecting power of Ballistol has also been investigated. According to these investigations the bacterium staphylococcus auras is killed by undiluted Ballistol within three to ten minutes, whereas typhoid, paratyphoid, and tuberculosis germs cannot survive one minute. The coli bacillus was dead after three minutes.
    That's very interesting! Thanks for the info guys. The more I learn about this stuff and the more I use it, the more I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Ballistol is mineral oil, oleic acid and different alcohols: 2-methyl-1-propanol, 2-methyl-1-butanol, and benzyl alcohol.

Assuming everything is USP grade - even reagent grade - as opposed to industrial grade, it should be relatively benign. Propellants from the aerosol can are a different matter altogether.

FF

CGN frequent flyer
    Any chance in purchasing in gallon size?
    "A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."
    NDP, they just second the motion!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffbird View Post
    Any chance in purchasing in gallon size?
    Sorry for the late reply on this - we do actually have those in stock, I'll stick them on the website!

CGN Regular
    if you could use this stuff on the sandwich maker, you'd have the evolution of WD40. Might have to pick some up!
    We just can't have nice things!

So Ballistol is perfect for cleaning corrosive ammo, is that right ?

No more boiling water and what not ?
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast