Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballistol 3-in-1 Cleaner-Solvent-Lubricant at AmmoSupply.ca

Expired Business Member

Ballistol 3-in-1 Cleaner-Solvent-Lubricant at AmmoSupply.ca

You may have seen me in such videos as the Hickok45 AR-15 Cleaning Video or the Glockgeist Ballistol Review...

Yes, Ballistol is a cleaning product that's been around for over 100 years and is still incredibly popular in certain circles. It's non toxic, and can also be used on leather and wood (great for cleaning down and polishing up your SKS!!).

AmmoSupply.ca has Ballistol in stock:
    - 1.5oz aerosol - $4.99
    - 6oz aerosol - $11.99
    - 16oz bottle - $22.99

Pick up some with your next order! PM me if you'd like a shipping quote with Canada Post.

Truly awesome that you guys carry it too-
    The neat thing about it is that it will emulsify in water retaining lubricity when even if heavily diluted.

Great article here too: http://chuckhawks.com/ballistol.htm

Oh yea, and if you have a problem with a soar stomach liner, use a few drops in a glass of water per day - you'll see...

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilddieb View Post
    Oh yea, and if you have a problem with a soar stomach liner, use a few drops in a glass of water per day - you'll see...
    I don't anything about that, I just know that on the front of the can it says "Danger: Combustible, Harmful or Fatal if swallowed".

Great stuff though! I've been using it on a few different firearms with excellent results!

It can also keep your skin/leather soft and is a disinfectant. Here's a blurb about its toxicology from the German web site:

In various feeding experiments with rabbits, guinea pigs and dogs it could be demonstrated that Ballistol does not have any acutely toxic properties. The test animals were given 2 grams per kilogram bodyweight, which did not cause even the least chronic health damage. This is not only true with single experiments but also with a series of experiments that were carried out over a time span of seven days. It can also be asserted that little two-year-old children who erroneously drank out a 50 ml-bottle did not show any pathological symptoms apart from a little hangover like it appears after drinking too much alcohol. Within twelve hours the children were absolutely well again.

This observation coincides with the fact that a large number of huntsmen and shooters use Ballistol internally when they suffer from digestion problems or heartburn. Several reports maintain that even year-long use does not damage your health.

The disinfecting power of Ballistol has also been investigated. According to these investigations the bacterium staphylococcus auras is killed by undiluted Ballistol within three to ten minutes, whereas typhoid, paratyphoid, and tuberculosis germs cannot survive one minute. The coli bacillus was dead after three minutes.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Excellent! I use it exclusively for cleaning of my black powder firearms. Cut 1:1 with water as a fantastic bore cleaner, alternate with dry patches. The use undiluted Ballistol for a final wipe of bore and all exterior parts before storage. If you are a BP shooter and haven't tried Ballistol, I highly recommend it.

Kate: can you confirm if the 16oz. size is the liquid (i.e. non-aerosol) form? Your post references a 16oz bottle, but the website shows it as a 16oz can (aerosol). I prefer to work with liquid Ballistol.
    "You can't be a leader if you don't know where you're going"

Use it on all my guns, for everything firearm related. Wouldn't use anything else.
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

I’ve been using BALLISTIOL as my sole gun oil for all my steel guns and gun parts. No problem whatsoever. It’s absolutely harmless including skin. It’s excellent for rust proofing steel surfaces.
    BALLISTOL was formulated in 1904 by Dr. Helmut Klever on the order from the German Imperial Army as a multipurpose military oil. At that time most ammo was CORROSIVE so it’s the best oil for cleaning after shooting corrosive ammo. Since then it’s been used in military applications for every German army and in many other non-military applications. If you clean an old wooden rifle stock with BALLISTOL you will see how it comes back to life. It can also be used on old leather products to regenerate them.

BANNED
    Have been using it for years works well and I like if I drip it on anything plastic or wood it is harmless

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dirtybarry's Avatar
    Oooooh! Lemonade again or something Slurpee like? FYI, the Co-op gourmet jelly beans are even better than the original Jelly Belly's
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

They do sell a 16oz non areosol. I am also a fan of Ballistol. I plan on doing a corrosion test on it. I tested a lot of lubricants, oils, and greases a few years back with surprising results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast