Thread: Grand Power X Calibur YOUTUBE Review

Grand Power X Calibur YOUTUBE Review

Check this out! Video review on Grand Power X Calibur

Price: $1174.95

Coming soon on our Web Store, meanwhile it can be purchased by contacting us through phone or email.
    Last edited by TSE_Sales; 07-19-2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: error in title

The Shooting Edge

How to Buy/Contact Us:
    Phone: 403-720-4867 or 1-866-720-4867
    Email: websales@theshootingedge.com
    WebStore: www.theshootingedge.com

Want to stay connected with all the latest here at The Shooting Edge? Come check us out on our pages!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheShootingEdgeInc
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/TSEyyc
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtu...WTCnEkiZHyFi-w

Hi!
    I hope this does not derail your thread, but I have been using this pistol for 6 months now and I can provide a bit more insight if you want?

Pros (things you did not mention)
    Replaceable back straps. Ergonomics are really good!
    The auto forward function when a new magazine is inserted! This is KEY! During competition it comes extremely handy.
    Flutted barrel/heavy barrel, reduces recoil significantly!

Things you put into CONS, but I still see them as PROS, and, last but not least the reason why I bought this gun:

Slide release, it is far for a reason, to avoid being in contact with your thumbs with a thumbs forward grip. Not sure why it is a con to you, as a matter of fact, this is the only pistol that will not go accidentally to slide lock due to this!
    The slide release can be reached easily when needed. It is perfectly placed. It might seem far at first, but once you get familiar with this you will notice how perfectly placed it is.

Safeties, if you prefer small levers, get the small ones that come in the box, another little detail you missed The little ones are just like a CZ, but, the big ones are perfect for resting your thumb and the size has no effect whatsoever, in other words, not sure why BIG is bad. If you are right handed shooter, you can remove the big one on the left and insert a small one (that came in the box) and problem solve. That is how I run it to avoid the lever touching my hand, this is an issue for me, but it not an issue for certain people. It all depends on your hand size.

Take down, it is different that any other gun but it is not a CON after you do it 1 time, your inexperience and frustration has nothing to do with the gun design in my opinion. Sorry

You mentioned that is not a CZ, things are missing? not sure what is missing since the XCAL is probably just as fast or faster, extremely accurate and easy to shoot. I would shoot this pistol over a CZ any day. We might be both a little bit biased? lol

Good video and good for you guys for spending on this kind of marketing and I like your relaxed style but I feel you did not spend much time with this pistol at all before doing this therefore you pointed out things as Cons where in fact they are just different for a reason, fair to say?

Cheers!

I had the original X Calibur and the take-down was even stranger.
    You had to pull the trigger guard in a bizarre fashion to unlatch it.
    The user manual wasn't much help and the pictures were horrible.

Liked the gun but recently became a CZ fan-boy so tupperware begone.
    As usual, great video!
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Why didn't the gun come with a manual? I'd suggest you write the distributor a letter and see if you can get a manual, or use email, or youtube if you don't like to wait.
    Or perhaps there was a manual and you choose not to read it? I'd hope that most people buying or ordering this pistol would understand that it's not a typical tilting barrel design and perhaps take a few minutes to work out the procedure.

Once you read the manual, or watch a 5 minute youtube clip on the takedown/reassembly procedure your confusion and ineptitude of the procedure should subside......

and perhaps that will change your score. I also agree with Avenida that the location and size of the slide lock/release is fine for my average sized male hands.
    No worries about ridding it with your thumbs and getting a failure to hold open like with some pistols.

It almost seemed like you were stretching for reasons not to like the gun and were a bit reluctant because of how well it actually shoots.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.