Thread: Question about buying a restricted in BC

Question about buying a restricted in BC

Would a membership at silver core be enough to get approved for an ATT for a restricted? Once approved that will allow me to take it to any gun range range in BC correct? Or do I need to get a membership at an actual range and only allowed to transport to that one specific range?

Thanks

As far as I know you need a range membership. That allows you to transport your restricted to any gun range in BCor Alberta and I think the territories. The ATT is now built into the RPAL. You can also take it to any licensed gunsmith.

A membership at silvercore is enough to get an long term ATT, which will allow you to transport your restricted weapon to any approved range; depending on how you fill out your application. If you do go silvercore you need to pay the drop-in fee every time you go shooting. If you plan on shooting your restricted weapons lots I highly recommend spending a little more and getting a membership to a club with a range.
    The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.

Thanks for replies. I like going to different ranges as well as going into the bush when weather permits with my non restricted. On the fence about signing up at an actual range since I like he variety.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Did that several years ago, got SilverCore late in the year to buy restricted, then joined POCO in Jan.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Did that several years ago, got SilverCore late in the year to buy restricted, then joined POCO in Jan.
    +1, did the same till I got off my clubs waiting list. Being a Silvercore member will allow you get a ltatt and do drop ins at any club or range that allows non member visits.

CGN Regular
    Wanstalls is in BC. Do I need to be a full fledge member of a range if I reside in Ontario to be able to shop online at Winstalls?????

If you're buying non restricted no. If yore buying a handgun I think they can apply for a short term att (statt) which allows them to ship it to your door.

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Btw you need a bigger sig line avatar