Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Magazine: Background and the Latest Update

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcats View Post
    See my posts in other forms on this issue . The GSG 110 drum mag fits in the mag well of the Charge but won't lock in , just drops out(not that I'd know by trying it being a fine upstanding law abiding citizen)! , Now this has to be the one marked " Designed for Ruger 10/22 rifle ----- Canadian Model" So much for the pony solders doing their home work !
    As a law abiding citizen you have every right to put the magazine into your pistol.... the law doesn't forbid that. Hence why you can use pistol mags in rifles and enjoy the larger (yet still neutured) capacity of the pistol mags.

The law is written such that it doesn't matter what the mags FIT into, nor does it matter what you PUT them into. It matters what they were designed or manufactured to fit into.

Hence, you could modify your charger stock to accept that drum mag, and it would be totally legal to do so. Hence why people can take an AR mag well for their SKS, VZ, SL8, or many other guns, and use 10 round pistol mags in a rifle, legally.
    CCFR

Donation sent, any update?

Would love to be able to "beat my gsg drum" lol

J

Noticed that RCMP website have changed wording re this. Bottom line are BX mags prohibited and any aftermarket not? I still see butler creek or other variants for sale in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NL-Hunter View Post
    Noticed that RCMP website have changed wording re this. Bottom line are BX mags prohibited and any aftermarket not? I still see butler creek or other variants for sale in Canada.
    Do you have the link to this please?
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

here's how I see it:

the root issue here is the mag capacity laws.

So let's get our organizations (CSSA, CCFR, NFA, etc. etc.) to go after this hard, to show how stupid it is, and then use it as a springboard to change mag cap restrictions. Go after it as useless, ineffective laws that lead to ad-hoc modifications to firearms devices (the mags) different from how they were designed and manufactured to function. Push for allowing magazines to be allowed to be used at whatever capacity they were designed for. Back it up with statistics and evidence showing that mag cap isn't a factor in saving lives. Show that it's a broken system with loopholes and weird ways for people to become overnight paper criminals.

Magazines should have no restrictions. If you want, maybe throw in a provision saying it's illegal to modify a magazine yourself to hold more ammo or something, just to throw them a bone. Handguns and long guns should be no different in that regard, and there should be no difference between semi-autos and everything else.

Glad to see this stuff actually going somewhere though. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by NL-Hunter View Post
    I would like to see this link too. As all I can find is a post on the website saying ALL 10/22 mags are limited to 10 rounds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gcdavidson's Avatar
    what if I cut a small notch in my 10/22 mag well, and then attached a raised tab to a >10 rd mag, which is keyed to fit that specific 10/22 mag well, but would prevent it from fitting any other 10/22 (ie Charger) without that custom notch?

I imagine the charge could still be laid, but when the firearms lab tried to insert the mag into a charger, it would not seat & therefore not capable of firing a projectile?

I'm no law-talkin' guy though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    you modified a prohibited device. the mag would need to be MADE for that rifle from scratch, IE new design.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gcdavidson's Avatar
    Yeah, good point...I wonder, what if it was modified "before" it was re-designated prohibited?

So for the newb here who is about to buy a S&w M&p 15-22.... Legally all I can own are 10 rnd mags?