Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product Announcement - 2 way radios

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    I have 5 Boafengs for my family now.

We use them camping, hiking, biking, and on the road between vehicles.

I keep a print out of frequencies used by the Highway Crews to listen in during road construction on highways like wash outs.

Biggest bang for the buck, the long whip antennas help with the range but even the stock rubber ones wourk way better than any CB or FRS radio.

I have extra batteries, car charger, holster, the data programming cable and software.

Buy one, you will gt lots of use of out it.

are these on the website? i cant seem to find them. sorry if i missed something
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

What kind of batteries do they use? And how long do you get out of each battery with the radio set on it's highest power setting?

Quote Originally Posted by randyhub View Post
    I have 5 Boafengs for my family now.

We use them camping, hiking, biking, and on the road between vehicles.

I keep a print out of frequencies used by the Highway Crews to listen in during road construction on highways like wash outs.

Biggest bang for the buck, the long whip antennas help with the range but even the stock rubber ones wourk way better than any CB or FRS radio.

I have extra batteries, car charger, holster, the data programming cable and software.

Buy one, you will gt lots of use of out it.
    Too many toys, too little time ...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    are these on the website? i cant seem to find them. sorry if i missed something
    I searched "Baofeng" and they came right up...

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...two-way-radio/

Tagged. Nice deal!

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Thanks good info, what do you think of these,, good price, moderate Quality?
    Canam, let us know when all the extras come in, I only wAnt to order once on these rigs!
    There is no harm is purchasing these radios to see if you are actually going to use a two-way radio, as you can always upgrade later.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    I searched "Baofeng" and they came right up...

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...two-way-radio/
    Ah lol thanks, i spelt beofEng wrong
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan View Post
    What kind of batteries do they use? And how long do you get out of each battery with the radio set on it's highest power setting?
    I have a GT series radio, which the sames as these, plus 3 - UV3s (smaller radios), and 2 - 888s.

They all have different batteries, but I bought spares, they were cheap like 7.00 each, plus battery eliminators that plug into my 12v outlet.

I have never run the batteries all the way down they last quite awhile, but you can also buy larger higher cap batteries if required.

The thing to remember, is these Baofengs beat out most radios on performance and value and are pretty solid.

Accessories are easy to get and cheap.

All in all, these radios cannot be beat for value, Canada Ammo made a great choice here.

Okay if I buy 2 can I easily talk with my buddy while hiking/camping? Just turn it on, select channel and go?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer legi0n's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imark93 View Post
    Okay if I buy 2 can I easily talk with my buddy while hiking/camping? Just turn it on, select channel and go?
    nope, these have no channels.
    when you study to pass the exam for the licence you learn how to select the communication frequencies.