A short bit of background, I sold all of my handguns and rifles 25 years ago and decided I wanted to get into long distance shooting with my wife. I have never owned a scoped rifle set up for long distance shooting and most of my experience was with the FN. In other words, I knew nothing. After lots of reading and time on the various forums (I still knew crap but now I was even more confused), I called Omer to ask for his input on a setup for the Savage 10 TR LEO in 308 I just purchased. I told him I was going to get into long distance shooting with the wife and we would switch spotting and shooting.

I have to admit, I was calling Omer with Aroma foods, seemed a little unusual for a gun shop. After about 5 minutes, I could not have been happier. Omer knows his stuff, he will never end up disappearing as he has the food store with consistent income to support any market changes in the gun world. Omer recommended a Bushnell LMSS spotting scope with a H32 reticle and a Bushnell HDMR with the H59 reticle. Two compatible reticles that could be used together to call corrections. Order process could not have been easier and Omer took tons of time with me to make sure I was getting what I wanted. I was starting to wonder if he if ever got a break or day off!

Spotting scope arrived with the HDMR. I could not have been happier. I look through the reticle and it was a Horus TreMor and not the H59? Anyone can sell you something, but its customer service where Omer was amazing.

When I explained the issue, Omer did not try to up-sell the different reticle, he said send it back and he would make it right. The problem he was facing is they had discontinued the H59 lineup and there were no more scopes available with this setup. What made this worse was I had a vacation planned near a range and had no scope. Omer offered me his personal (he only put 10 rounds through the gun it was mounted on) Bushnell XRS mounted on a Spuhr mount to use until he was able to make things right. Now, my situation was unusual, but I never expected ANY dealer to say “take my $3000 setup and go shooting, keep it until we straighten this out.” Omer sent me his sight and mount, worth far more than what I paid without question or a deposit. I took the vacation and by the end of the weekend was hitting the 10’’ gong (almost) every time at 500 yards.

When I spoke with Omer, I asked him if he could upgrade me to the XRS with the H59, it’s an amazing scope if he could find one. Keep in mind I looked online for weeks for the XRS or the HDMR with the H59 and could not find anything in Canada, but Omer managed to pull it off. I sent him his loaner back and now have I have an upgrade from the HDMR, something I would never have thought of doing until trying the XMR, it’s an amazing scope and it’s unfortunate they discontinued it. Due to all of the issues, Omer compensated me for the difficulties, something I did not even ask him to do. At the end of the day it was an amazing deal.

All I needed was a bit of patience and Omer and Precision Optics/Aroma Foods made it right! Keep in mind I have never met Omer and did not know about him until calling, but I can guarantee next time I am going through Quesnel I will stop in.

One last note, when the box arrived, it contained a brand new ball cap from a major manufacturer. I guess I have my new shooting hat.