Thread: Not sure who to call!

Not sure who to call!

Hello all, I have a question that I feel dumb for needing to ask. I've been a firearms owner for a while now and just recently upgraded to my RPAL. I received the card yesterday and immediately went and paid for membership at the local shooting range. My question is, who do I call to have them put my membership on file? I tried calling the Nova Scotia CFO office and I got an automated response, and I ran out of time on my break here at work to try calling the CFC. I'm just confused whether or not I missed how to contact the CFO or if the CFC is really who I want to be calling anyway. If anyone has an answer for me or even a phone number it would be very much appreciated!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Do you not just provide the club ID to the seller? I was not aware you needed to put it on your CFO file?
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

I was under the impression that I had to call and have it put on file somewhere or else my first purchase would be held up considerably. I'm hoping you are correct though haha

CGN frequent flyer
    Call the CFC, apply for Authorization To Transport (ATT). They should provide a fax number for your card. You can do it in person if you are close to your CFO office, through the mail (http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...fs/679-eng.pdf - this is the same form I filled out at my CFOs office), and some provinces (B.C does) allow it to be faxed. Then you are all set, gun, membership, ATT. But just phone the 1-800, apply that way and they'll give you options for getting a copy of your membership to the CFO.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Just call them later in the day on Wednesday or Thursday. I actually had one of the ladies in the AB office tell me they are slow then and they are . I called in to do a transfer from a buddy and we were only on hold for about 5 minutes.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Do you not just provide the club ID to the seller? I was not aware you needed to put it on your CFO file?
    Probably depends on which CFO you are dealing with. They change the rules for everything else.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Also depends on the club. My club sends out a membership notice to the CFO after you have completed the membership app and paid the fees. Received an email that I was CC on when it was sent out.