Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Hi Jordan, I hope you asked for a receipt? You do have the officers name and detachment I hope? I would advise that you give them a call in the morning and POLITELY ask them under what grounds did they take your magazines and that you want a written statement from them as you believe that they may be "mistaken". If you would like further assistance please e-mail me at John@wolverinesupplies.com
    John, there was no official looking paperwork just his notebook the officer was writing in. I do have his name and detachment though and will be contacting them in the morning. Thank you for the reply and I will contact you if I do require any further assistance

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
    I'm respectfully going to ask you to remove yourself from this thread. But as br427 and mr.wolverine are discussing I have a lot more to lose than a couple of cheap mags at the expense of my long guns it just wasn't worth fighting today
    My apologies Jordan. A little pissy about the whole situation, lack of info makes my **** sore. I'll follow your situation and if it comes to support I'm in. Again, excuse my stupidity, my wife says it comes and goes...
    Cheers
    Tom

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    I don't suppose anyone would know how many Chargers are actually in Canada? Must be at least 3 or 4...?

It's estimated there is 125,000 10-22 in Canada.
    About a million magazine of >10 capacity

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post

About a million magazine of >10 capacity

what about the DAR22, MLR22H and other off branded 10/22 styles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    125,000 in Canada in 2012 according to the LGR at the time.
    Add to that purchases over the past few years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocolt View Post
    what about the DAR22, MLR22H and other off branded 10/22 styles
    No clue, but they don't seem to have that large a share of the market. The 125,000 is only an estimation anyway, since the long gun registry is gone, it's not possible to know for sure.

The 1 million magazine is an estimation from the manufacturers of the amount sold since they came to market in the 70's. There's most probably less than that going around, but still in the high 6-digits. The point is that the overwhelming majority of those mags were manufactured for the rifles, not for the charger, and it would be impossible for the charger owners to absorb even a measurable fraction of that amount of mags.

This is all just trivia anyway. Even if all the 464 chargers were to magically disappear, the rcmp would still consider it as "commonly available" since it's got an FRT. In reality, the charger has been discontinued, and even if you would like to purchase one, you'd have a hard time finding one. It's not "commonly available" in the sense that you'll find one easily; it's "commonly available" in the sense that it's theoretically possible to buy one. If you have an RPAL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    the charger has been discontinued
    According to this, it seems to have been manufactured 2008 through the present
    http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory.html

22 Charger Pistol
    Beginning Serial Number: Years of Production:
    490-00001 2008
    490-30204 2009
    490-38600 2010
    490-39965 2011
    490-41970 2012
    490-46686 2013
    490-47392 2014
    490-49137 2015

i.e. it's not discontinued.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    According to this, it seems to have been manufactured 2008 through the present
    http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory.html

22 Charger Pistol
    Beginning Serial Number: Years of Production:
    490-00001 2008
    490-30204 2009
    490-38600 2010
    490-39965 2011
    490-41970 2012
    490-46686 2013
    490-47392 2014
    490-49137 2015

i.e. it's not discontinued.
    Nah, but I don't think anyone imports it in canada anymore. I sure have no clue where I would go to buy a brand new charger in canada. Not that I want one; they're ugly AF.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Let me get this straight. Simply on the words of the RCMP, their premise that your possession is prohibited, you sign their "notebook", gave up your possession without a fight.

If this is true at what point would you fight.
    1) after they say your long guns are prohibit and take that away.
    2) your vehicle is prohibit and take that away.
    3) your pants are prohibit and take that away.
    Or you would never fight and walk home naked. RCMP's job is to enforce the law. You have the right to demand what law they are enforcing.
    ...I have a lot more to lose than a couple of cheap mags at the expense of my long guns it just wasn't worth fighting today
    All I got was one officers card. And I had to sign something saying they repo'd them in his notebook. Didn't want to argue at the time because I don't care to get written up
    John, Jordan here. And as for that matter anyone who has some insight. I was out in the bush shooting with my friends today and we had a Remington vtr with the 25 round mags. Long and short police showed up and seized the magazines from us for destruction under the premise that they were prohib. Now my understanding of this was only ruger 10/22 magazines were now prohib devices
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

As a Canadian gun owner I believe we potentially have a larger issue here than the 10-22 mags. At present we seem to have been set upon by a bureaucrat in the firearms office with an approach which is beyond what the CFR has previously administered. There is a lot of good information on this issue on the CALIBRE Magazine site. The reference "10-22 platform" has been brought in to their references. Where we are at is that a rifle magazine allows a pistol(?) to exceed it's 10 round limit*. If this goes through, what might happen where a pistol magazine allows a rifle (AR platform) to exceed 5 rounds? Might there be a reversal in how the Lar15 is looked at? IMHO the 10-22 is a trial ballon.
    Personally I think that to impact 100s of thousands of .22 magazine owners which I think probably only have a plinking rifle and most likely not even a restricted firearm, because a very limited number(less than 500?) of Chargers is beyond stupid.

*We already can exceed 10 rounds via magazine substitution. Will this also get prohibited?

Will we have to pin .22 tube magazines to 10?