Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieT View Post
    RCMP pulls this crap because they know that the average owner has neither the means, nor inclination to fight.
    I think they just like to light our hair on fire for fun, and watch us scurry around bumping into each other to see who will stop, drop and roll-over.

Had a chat with my locals (F Div) and they called to the CFP. They say it is legit, and they are prohib, the grounds being the mags are designed for both the Charger and the rifle. Logical disconnect aside, I wasn't going to argue the point with my local members, as know it wasn't them that made the boneheaded call.

As it would appear nothing has changed legislation or bulletin/interpretation-wise, the only real issue would be if the magazines were actually designed for the Charger. As this is impossible given our current understanding of time and space, I would think it would be an easy court challenge.

Except for the time and money issue...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Lordy the lab rats are cockroaches. Nothing like making several hundred gum owners instant criminals.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Lordy the lab rats are cockroaches. Nothing like making several hundred gum owners instant criminals.
    And don't even get me started with the GUN owners!!
    "You went full retard, man... Never go full retard."

I think this calls for a 10/22 sale

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
    John, Jordan here. And as for that matter anyone who has some insight. I was out in the bush shooting with my friends today and we had a Remington vtr with the 25 round mags. Long and short police showed up and seized the magazines from us for destruction under the premise that they were prohib. Now my understanding of this was only ruger 10/22 magazines were now prohib devices
    Geezus!! This is ourtrageous. Goddamn police state!
    Please keep us updated on this.

BTW, I compete with 4 RCMP members on a regular basis. They all see this as politically motivated nonsense. Their bosses...all political creatures within the force...have a different view.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    BCB2Z gets it. Problem is with the bosses that sucks up to Lieberal party. The RCMPs that patrols the streets are victims like the gun owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    BTW, I compete with 4 RCMP members on a regular basis. They all see this as politically motivated nonsense. Their bosses...all political creatures within the force...have a different view.
    The lab rats are like the foot soldiers, they do what their superiors tell them. You have implied the lab rats and the RCMP patrol officers that enforce the law cockroaches, dumb thing to do. Know thy enemy, it's the bosses.

PS. Assume you meant Gun owners and not GUM owners in Singapore.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Most likely in the thousands... 10/22 is one of the most common rimfire rifles in Canada. Willing to bet many have the extended cap mags that just became illegal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post

It's estimated there is 125,000 10-22 in Canada.
    About a million magazine of >10 capacity
    Who bought 464 of those ugly SOB's?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    Most likely in the thousands... 10/22 is one of the most common rimfire rifles in Canada. Willing to bet many have the extended cap mags that just became illegal.
    They're not saying they just became illegal , they're saying they became illegal when the charger was conceived . And they are now deciding to enforce that..How's that for FUBAR...