Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    The RCMPs that patrols the streets are victims like the gun owners.
    they have a banana cilp, inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    They're not saying they just became illegal , they're saying they became illegal when the charger was conceived . And they are now deciding to enforce that..How's that for FUBAR...
    God damn Charger !!! why the f**k did Ruger made it ? To sell a few thousand of Charger they screwed up several thousand of 10/22 and SR22 owners. They should have know the" big Bucks " at the RCMP woud use it a a meat bone to screw us up a some more !

Dammit !!!
    Last edited by Pre-1898; 07-25-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW, RESISTANCE BECOMES DUTY - Thomas Jefferson -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Brianma65 quote

"They're not saying they just became illegal , they're saying they became illegal when the charger was conceived . And they are now deciding to enforce that..How's that for FUBAR"

This is it. They are saying that they have been illegal all this time. Nice of them to finally getting around and telling us. The lab has turned a blind eye to all of this for years.Thousands of these mags imported into the country and sold and now they mention they are illegal. As far as I am concerned they have abetted in the trafficking of 1000 of prohibited devices by their inaction and silence. I say the first to be charged should be the head of the lab.
    Last edited by Komodo; 07-25-2016 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Dear RCMP

Give me $50 for each of my 25 round Steel Lips for a starter.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Quote Originally Posted by ericbrowning View Post
    As a Canadian gun owner I believe we potentially have a larger issue here than the 10-22 mags. At present we seem to have been set upon by a bureaucrat in the firearms office with an approach which is beyond what the CFR has previously administered. There is a lot of good information on this issue on the CALIBRE Magazine site. The reference "10-22 platform" has been brought in to their references. Where we are at is that a rifle magazine allows a pistol(?) to exceed it's 10 round limit*. If this goes through, what might happen where a pistol magazine allows a rifle (AR platform) to exceed 5 rounds? Might there be a reversal in how the Lar15 is looked at? IMHO the 10-22 is a trial ballon.
    Personally I think that to impact 100s of thousands of .22 magazine owners which I think probably only have a plinking rifle and most likely not even a restricted firearm, because a very limited number(less than 500?) of Chargers is beyond stupid.

*We already can exceed 10 rounds via magazine substitution. Will this also get prohibited?

Will we have to pin .22 tube magazines to 10?

I have heard several theories regarding this whole 10/22 magazine idea. Everything from 'testing the waters', to they intend to loose this 10/22 magazine issue in court to justify to the Minister of Public safety for a re-write of the magazine laws. or to get the term 'Dual-use' written into the laws as well. The 'Dual-use' terms scares me the most, I could see it applying to LAR pistol mags, XCR pistol mags and most worryingly being applied to pistol mags from Glock, Beretta, S&W and others due to the fact they fit in the many different pistol calibre carbines available.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I think that not all the RCMP are to blame. The officers in the field probably don't share the same opinions as the CFP techs. They have a job and a Boss like most other people. I don't think it's right to lump them all together. Just my opinion though.

You are right ! being myself an ex Law enforcement officer, I did not always aggreed with the laws I was enforcing. I had no choice to enforce them tough! As you can see I am no longer doing that job and there are several damn good reasons to it. WE ARE OVER REGULATED . Every little politician dreams about being the father/mother of a law to have their little glory time, but they dont care how many people and how their little glory will affect people . Sometimes there's Justice, Sometime there's just us !

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    So, what's next...? Are they gonna prohibit Glock 22 .40S&W mags because they can hold more than 10 rounds of 9mm?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Who knows what's next, maybe they'll go all in. Drop the ban hammer now. They have 3+ years for everyone to get over it. Kinda like history. Unless the existing laws get changed to more Common Sense, as was stated.

If anyone interested, here is the firearms and parts importation division of the Canadian Border Services Agency. They might ave a different view !

que_9898@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I have heard several theories regarding this whole 10/22 magazine idea. Everything from 'testing the waters', to they intend to loose this 10/22 magazine issue in court to justify to the Minister of Public safety for a re-write of the magazine laws. or to get the term 'Dual-use' written into the laws as well. The 'Dual-use' terms scares me the most, I could see it applying to LAR pistol mags, XCR pistol mags and most worryingly being applied to pistol mags from Glock, Beretta, S&W and others due to the fact they fit in the many different pistol calibre carbines available.
    Well, focusing on the 10/22 gives the Liberals & RCMP lots of "bang for their buck". The gun and the mags are relatively cheap and widely owned. This nonsense impacts a large number of gun owners. And look at how easy it was! One tech's opinion becomes the de facto "law of the land". And now the police are grabbing the personal property of law-abiding citizens. (And this is tyranny. And it is scary. It is also scary that many Canadians are quite delighted with such treatment of gun owners.)

Magazine capacity limits are popular with the public b/c if you know nothing about firearms, and how mag-limits are achieved, then it sounds quite convincing. Of course the Libs are going to try to capitalize on that and use it against firearms owners. They know they can't realistically disarm us completely, so they'll use every trick in the book to erode our rights and liberties, and make firearms ownership as sh1tty and unappealing as possible.

The draconian actions of our national police force and federal government will not be confined to the Ruger 10/22 and its magazines.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi