Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Ultimate Scout Rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Yeah, the going price is 2500 now.
    They are worth every penny and more even, if you can go for it, you will never see a hunting rifle the same way... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I've seen may up and down reviews on these rifles, really looking to see how owners like them.
    I think a lot of people misunderstand what type of rifle this is... a Scout rifle is an all-purpose rifle that's not an expert in any type of shooting but it's good at everything.

I've shot it from a bench at 100 yards to shooting 3-gun matches with it. It is certainly a great hunting rifle at heart but it's also THE rifle I'd pickup when SHTF.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I think a lot of people misunderstand what type of rifle this is... a Scout rifle is an all-purpose rifle that's not an expert in any type of shooting but it's good at everything.

I've shot it from a bench at 100 yards to shooting 3-gun matches with it. It is certainly a great hunting rifle at heart but it's also THE rifle I'd pickup when SHTF.
    Until you lose your 2 mags and cant find any replacements. Then it's a fancy single shot. Admittedly one with style.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

I've looked at it, and harder when those ranger prototypes were sold off. I like less is more and consolidated down, on the hunting side I decided TC/Dimension with different barrels for caliber conversion. It's certainly not a scout rifle, for that I do like my mossberg patrol ... but these sure have stile and utility.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    They are worth every penny and more even, if you can go for it, you will never see a hunting rifle the same way... JP.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    Until you lose your 2 mags and cant find any replacements. Then it's a fancy single shot. Admittedly one with style.
    I already mentioned I have 5 mags.

CGN Regular
    Anyone looking for a brand new 10round mag for a 308 scout?
    $140 shipped
    When all is said and done, A lot more gets said than done!!!

Nice rifle but needlessly expensive and proprietary and expensive poss hard to find mags.
    That and I dont find the whole forward mounted optic thing as good in practice as it is in theory.

As another posted.....im using a Mossberg patrol with both a dot and compact optic both in QD rings.

The 556 version uses AR mags which are plentiful, reliable user friendly and offer the option of high cap.

This rifle is the perfect SHTF rifle for Canada. Compact, affordable, functional, accurate and the easy transition from dot to scope to iron sights where nec/preferred is easy.
    Using AR mags has a myriad of obvious advantages.

The 308 version equally as good if/where you need/want more hp.

In either SHTF and or survival etc 556 will get the job done and the ammo is light cheap available. Having 30rds onboard the rifle with several more mags on ones person makes it a very serious package.
    556 will deal with predators regardless of leg count and take game just fine.

Obviously if its hunting under current CDN circumstances the 308 version has merits.

Being able to transition from an AR ti the patrol with the same mags and ammo would be awesome.

Oh and my Patrol shoots lil ragged holes with a variety of cheap ammo too

By far my favorite rifle.
    For real world shooting it's hard to beat if it's beatable

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456