Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First trip to IPSC nationals

CGN Regular
    I'll be by at about 11:30 tomorrow morning to check out the vendors and see some shooting. Were you able to setup a shooting spot for the Shadow 2?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    Well, that's the first day finished. Quite a long one, I was up at 5.30 local time (3.30 at home), had breakfast and on the road at 6.30.
    Set up for the vendor booth was done fairly soon after I arrived at the range. The plan was to set up, meet with CZ guys and then take a tour of the range to check out some of the action. Well, you know how the best laid plans go. For some reason the booth was super busy all day. People just seemed to gravitate the the nice new shiny black and blue CZ I had on display. Apparently the Shadow 2 is kind of a big deal. I have a sneaking suspicion it could turn out to be reasonably popular.
    Finally got back to the hotel at 7.30 and I am currently sat with my bad foot elevated to try and reduce some of the swelling. The heat, humidity and standing all day has certainly not aided recovery. I am sure, supper and an early night will help.
    I plan on getting around the range tomorrow and get some photos.
    All the best
    Guy
    Glad to hear you're not slacking. Sorry to hear about the foot but worse come to worse we can use leeches and lancing when you get back here. Yuri has already agreed to assist should we need to go this route.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Guy,
    Would be great if you could arrange to do a Shadow 2 video review or two while at the Nationals! We CZ fans are dying here for more unbiased reviews/info on our eagerly awaited Shadow 2's!

Also would be nice to know if it fits holsters like the Ghost The One and or other holsters?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just came from the Match and talked to Guy for a bit, nice fella, except the pus and blood running down his leg,, ( just a flesh wound) that shadow is a beast, great looking gun, I might be back tomorrow for another look around, if Guy has the Shadow 2 set up I wouldn't mind running a few rounds down the pipe! I believe I did hear him tell another fella that the shadow 1 holster fits!
    Guy, let me know if you want to go for some good fish and chips, would make that leg feel better!!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northaways View Post
    Also would be nice to know if it fits holsters like the Ghost The One and or other holsters?
    I have confirmation from Ghost that The One will in fact fit, and their website was updated a few days ago since so many people have been asking. The Ultimate works as well, but the Thunder does not

Business Member Rep
    Thanks for coming down today Bob, it was great to put a face to a name. I took it easy again tonight, these 5.30 starts are hard on an aging body (and mind).
    Again a great day and met lots of great folks (and quite a few colourful characters). The CZ team will be at the range tomorrow and if I am able I will try to make a quick video on my phone to post with Jakob (head of the shooting team) on the Shadow 2 and also the shooters in the stages.
    Not sure I will be able to arrange any live fire as all the bays are in use.
    I do plan on a detailed video once I get back into the office to pass on the info I got right from the team.
    I have seen the Shadow 2 that has been extensively used by the CZ team that has seen 60,000 rounds through so far and you can barely even tell it has been used. The finish on the forend of the barrel where the slide rubs isn't even worn off. Apparently the new finish and the chf barrels are superb. Most parts will be interchangeable with original Shadow. Lots of small changes. I would consider this an evolution of the original rather than a revolution but most feedback has been that it is certainly worth upgrading from the original and at the price point is an absolute steal.
    Well, tomorrow is my last day and I will get away from the table to get photos and video ready for the guys in the shop next week. Then is back onto the planes and back into Manitoba at midnight tomorrow ready for the 3 hour drive home.
    Until next time folks.
    Guy

Thanks again Guy for making the trip out to HFX. Great to have you and CZ Team at the Nationals!
    Newbrunny

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    Ahoy,

I'm going to make my way out to the range tomorrow.

I'm not shooting the Nationals, but I've been trying to find the time to get to the range. (Working days + service rifle shoot last night + picking kids up from camp today...long week. I'll get out tomorrow morning.)

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I'm just impressed that you found the airport. just remember if the plane has problems in the air, keep your left hand up and that way if you crash you might not break your watch and someone else can use it.
    Holy morbid yet helpful advice.
    Honestly good luck down in NS
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN Regular
    I stopped by today to do some shopping and handle the Shadow 2. The SP-01 Shadow fits my hand perfectly and I was concerned that the alloy grips on the Shadow 2 would not fit well. This gun feels great in the hands. I find the sights much easier to pick up. The double action breaks faster and more cleanly and the reset on the single action is minimal. I do not regret putting a down payment on this gun. Due to the size of the AMA range there was no place to shoot the gun, so I had to settle for dry firing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast