Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why the IDF Chose the TAVOR® Over the M4

CGN frequent flyer THE_SASQUATCH's Avatar
    Hey, North Sylva

Re: X95

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SASQUATCH View Post
    What date was it submitted ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    That marketing wank about accuracy was laughable.

I thought the same thing.

Well, I'm no "high speed/low drag" guy or an "operator", but I L-O-V-E the setup that I've built on my Tavor.

I purchased the Tavor because it was non-restricted and there were some aftermarket parts available for it.

I've added a Geiselle Super Sabra trigger pack, and lightning bar... amongst a whack of other touches.

Round count is north of 2500 and haven't had any issues since I threw away the POS magazine that came with it.

It's an AMAZING truck gun and rides in a Pelican case in the back of whatever I'm driving.

Despite our draconian firearms laws, I believe that I would still own a Tavor even if I had the choice to own a non-restricted AR.
    Firearms Enthusiast Since 1971

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BBq_Woa!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKESKULL View Post
    THey are on sale at Canadian Tire for $999.00
    Wait WHAT?

Tavor are like 2700 dollars. where is it on sale for 999!

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKESKULL View Post
    THey are on sale at Canadian Tire for $999.00
    Riiiight...

And "skull" is code for...?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mioryder View Post
    Don,t worry boys , the (m16) AR15 will solider on well into the 21st century, and will not be replaced any time soon as the American Empire is now to destitute and brooke to replace it, along with there space shuttle, or continue its F22 air superior fighter. It's just a sign of the times, crazy!!!!! As crazy perhaps as a women or Donald Trump in the white house......

Did anyone ever even notice , stop to look or even care ? Or did the moment just simply come and pass them by, the day the bloom was off the rose, the day the American Emipre ceased it's glorious rise.......lol. just my thoughts rambling.
    Why would a Tavor thread call for an anti-American rant? And why is a woman in the White House "crazy"...?

The US spends more on defence than the next top 10 countries combined. They discontinued the F-22 in favour of the F-35, and they are projected to spend enough on that program alone to completely pay off Canada's national debt. Overall, the US certainly has plenty of budget woes, but when it comes to buying rifles for their armed forces, they can, and will, get whatever they damn well please. They have continued with the M4 simply because it's the best rifle to fit their needs right now.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I would like to handle a rifle like this, might be awkward, but to be honest it looks nice, the round is not my ideal, but it's the most common round
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Back to the original post... The reasons why the tavor was selected over the m-4 Makes sense. Both are great guns, tavor is better for the applications an idf infantryman would face in a conflict.

We cant relate to that because we dont shoot from our car windows at the range ( probably a good idea...) Or climbing up a stairwell and such.

that being said, a tavor will have no issues to stand next to an AR in a gun locker... So why not own both! Problem solved.
    Last edited by king cobra; 09-11-2016 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Typo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Power Pill's Avatar
    "long stroke piston system is simpler." Simpler than DI? I don't think so....
    Feuer frei! Bang Bang!

I have to agree with Dorian (post #39) My experience has been good, I shoot as well with my Tavor as I do with my IUR. Typically, I don't spend too much ammo over 300m. Realistically, I know my abilities, I'm no sniper. Price is really high and if I could do it again I would buy the ATRS Varmint to obtain a NR rifle to use in the woods. I'm an old guy, but I did carry a C7 as my work tool, and I would have no problem with the Tavor to use as it was designed. My 2 cents.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast