Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why the IDF Chose the TAVOR® Over the M4

BANNED
    Shooting at 30m-40m range with a rifle being "just deadly!"...I sure ####ing hope so for a $3000 RIFLE, I do that range with a recurve bow and my Mark 23 pistol!!!

shooting at 8" or bigger gongs at 100 yards or less...using rests and optics at these ranges too... LOL not a great way to prove a rifles quality and accuracy. my Benelli M4 can shoot slugs into a 12" circle at that range off using el-cheapo foster style slugs from Canadian Tire.

I've found the Tavor to be a mixed bag of nuts personally.

The demo Tavor the Canada Ammo brought in back in '08? was fairly precise, shooting a 1.5 - 2moa group at 200m. Liked it so much, i bought two of the gen 1's. Well, when the gen 1's came from CanadaAmmo, they didn't have the rear tritium sight like the demo model, and they shot a 36" donut at 200m (the problem was the meprolight sight. would not hold zero on either of them.) As well had a slam fire happen. So sold them.

Then about 2yrs later when the gen 2's came out, i got a smokin' deal on one of the them so i thought i would try again. Shot nice with a 4x scope still about only 1.5-2moa. Sat in my safe for a year and i sold it too.

My latest one i found on the EE. I really like the bull pup concept for compactness so i thought maybe this is the truck gun i seek...... Anyways, have had really good luck with it. With an ACOG 4x it is nicely set up for both 75gr steel match and 55gr Norc ammo. The 75gr steel match gives around 1-1.5moa with a 100m zero. Coincidentally having the rifle zero'd at 100m with 75gr steel match, also has the 55gr zero'd at 50/200m 25/400m and 12/600m. But the 55gr Norc ammo only gives 3moa, meh, it was cheap ammo.

Was at the first Tavor Course, which i thought was really well run, good value for the money, taught me a lot about the Tavor. But i really don't use the Tavor as my truck gun. I am usually out in the mountains or backwoods, so i use a little heavier rifle, my Marlin 45/70 for bear defence.

I guess if i had to gripe about the Tavor, it would be the excessive sight over bore height and weight. With Acog and front light, MI rail, it weighs about 10.5lbs.
    Yep, it's like that.....

I'm interested in the Tavor but I want nothing to with the the full length rail model. I want the first gen with the built in BUIS. Basically I want something as close as I can get to Isreali issue.

The full length rail has BUIS in it
    Yep, it's like that.....

BANNED
    Aren't bullpups more likely to give you hearing loss?

Interesting thread. It appears to market the tavor, however there is varying feedback. north Sylva, is there purpose for the thread? Gauging interest?

BANNED
    I guess the claims from the youtube promo video about the Tavor taking on the role of a "sniper rifle" came across as a pitch from a used car salesman.

Got two brand new tavors, one done with trigger kit, one stock. Both are great, however for the extra money the done up one is worth every penny.
    Super sabra, lightning bow, amazing!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    I love my Tavor but I don't try to claim or make it into something that it's not. It's a good infantryman's rifle. It's not a precision rig. It's reliable, pretty heavy, kind of awkward to carry for any length of time and accurate enough to shoot a man in the chest at 300 yards. If AR's were non-restricted I doubt I would have even entertained the idea of buying one. But they aren't. So I have this. And I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mioryder View Post
    Don,t worry boys , the (m16) AR15 will solider on well into the 21st century, and will not be replaced any time soon as the American Empire is now to destitute and brooke to replace it, along with there space shuttle, or continue its F22 air superior fighter. It's just a sign of the times, crazy!!!!! As crazy perhaps as a women or Donald Trump in the white house......

Did anyone ever even notice , stop to look or even care ? Or did the moment just simply come and pass them by, the day the bloom was off the rose, the day the American Emipre ceased it's glorious rise.......lol. just my thoughts rambling.
    I wouldn't put money on that, ...lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast