Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: The Year of the magazine, RCMP Info sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I wonder what brought this on.
    I have a theory;

It's a two pronged assault -

Bill S-223 is still sitting in the senate; it's hardly dead. In that bill, the only firearms you are allowed to possess "at home" are .22 rifles.

The RCMP are now stripping down the configuration of what those .22 rifles would consist of.

After they are done with this fiasco, they'll use the same warped logic to move on to further prohibiting mags and firearms that are on their hit list.
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.

Does it make sense to put forth a rational argument to just eliminate the magazine limits all together?

In the liberal world this might seem impossible, but from a practical stance it makes a lot of grey area go away.

With Mag limits we have pistols being called rifles and we have rifles being called pistols which leaves a great deal of exposure for the types of BS we're seeing now with the Ruger. We have the Beowulf and LAR mags causing controversy, we have this new "dual purpose" term being thrown around a lot lately. And with the evolution of firearms we're leaving ourselves open to so many arbitrary confiscations or reclassifications that could literally ruin a law abiding gun owners life for non-compliance while the types of people who account for the mass-murders or gun violence are not the ones who hold a licence or follow the laws in the first place.

It's also worth noting that there have been many practical studies done on the civilian mag limit issue in the us. Maybe we can all do the same here? Lots of YouTube vids and articles from reputable sources on the topic.

I realize there is more to the RCMP agenda than just enforcing the law as it's written but in no other area of society are changes made overnight that could land people in jail without public input and government oversight.

Can one of the ORG's that we all pay money to please chime in with some direction for us? As individuals we're basically bugs on a windshield with this one. Maybe a large public convention or something to draw a big crowd?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    The RCMP can do whatever they want with a Liberal government in power and they know that.
    UCP member
    CPC member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post
    I have a theory;

It's a two pronged assault -

Bill S-223 is still sitting in the senate; it's hardly dead. In that bill, the only firearms you are allowed to possess "at home" are .22 rifles.

The RCMP are now stripping down the configuration of what those .22 rifles would consist of.

After they are done with this fiasco, they'll use the same warped logic to move on to further prohibiting mags and firearms that are on their hit list.
    It's not just your theory.
    It's the theory of every person who has dealt with governments, the RCMP, and knows how politics work. Just because Wendy Cukier and her kind, and the Truduea government, have not said anything about their plans to take firearms away from Canadians doesn't mean they don't still intend to do it. They do, and they will act at some point.

223 is not dead. It's awaiting the right time, and it may not be the exact form of their final attack on us (it's just too stupid for that), but something is coming our way. Our response to the 10/22 idiocy might determine exactly how, and when, we get hit.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

delete
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    You sir are officially the most ignorant person on this forum if you think this is a viable solution. I suppose we should do this to all pistol versions of rifles then eh? AR pistols, XCR pistols, VZ pistols, just ban it all and throw one group under the bus at a time until we are all gone.
    I am in that group of people that would be getting thrown under the bus. However I am ignorant yes. So at this point I will bow out. Peace.

FWIW you are correct and I lost my brain for a moment. Easy solution in my brain but no good could come of it, not sure what I was thinking.
    Thank you for showing me the light brother.
    Last edited by H.K.Glock 007; 07-28-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

BANNED
    Why you try to understand rcmp, they just want no firearms for the citizens-------, they funded the coalition for gun control , so , don't loose your time.

if they can, they will take all guns, by bullying. etc....

If you don't want to live in a police state, we have to act ...... all citizen are concerned.

CGN Regular
    I read that BC RCMP confiscated 25 rd mags for a Remington 22 sa rifle form some guys in a gravel pit recently

Gentlemen, I am inserting below a direct copy/paste of the typed letter I sent today to: my MP, Ralph Goodale, and the Prime Minister. It's free folks, you don't even need the stamp...

The more we flood them with these types of letters and the more noise we make, the more we add to the odds of something reversing this ugly trend!

July 28, 2016
    Dear Member of Parliament:
    It has recently come to my attention that the RCMP is now criminalizing thousands of law-abiding Canadian citizens by declaring all 10+ round magazines for the Ruger 10/22 to be prohibited devices, despite these having been designed for a rifle, well before any pistol or handgun emerged that could use such a magazine.

To wit, the Canadian Firearms Program has recently sent a memorandum to various police departments nationwide stating that “All 22 Long Rifle calibre magazines for the 10/22 platform, regardless of brand, are prohibited devices at any capacity exceeding ten shots.”

The Ruger 10/22 is a rifle, not a handgun, and therefore should not have limits imposed upon magazine capacity, as per the regulation described in Special Bulletin for Businesses No. 72: “Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity.”

Many of the 10+ round magazines for the 10/22 in circulation and still on store shelves had patents filed for them long before any manufactured pistol was able to accommodate those magazines. Further, the few handguns at stake able to use such magazines are already restricted firearms to begin with, while the 10/22 is an almost ubiquitous non-restricted firearm. There are less than 1,000 handguns in Canada able to use the 10/22 10+ round magazines while it is estimated that there are over 100,000 non-restricted Ruger 10/22 rifles in Canada.

When the RCMP and by extension the Canadian Firearms Program can arbitrarily declare thousands of law-abiding Canadian firearms owners as criminals with no oversight by our duly elected Parliamentarians we effectively have allowed this country to become a police state.

I urge you to reign in the RCMP and the Canadian Firearms Program, and provide some kind of proper firearms policy oversight from parliamentarians, else you will alienate the many thousands of law-abiding citizens who support peace, order, and good government and still enjoy sport shooting and hunting across this land while also contributing to local economies.

These activities are a part of our rich heritage, and should not be discarded for the sake of political expediency.

Can you confirm that our country is now becoming a police state with no regard for due process of law and that the RCMP and Canadian Firearms Program have permission to criminalize us without oversight by our elected parliamentarians?

I respectfully demand a response within the next 10 business days.

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndShotCanada View Post
    Does it make sense to put forth a rational argument to just eliminate the magazine limits all together?
    In the liberal world this might seem impossible, but from a practical stance it makes a lot of grey area go away.
    Yes, from a practical sense, even common sense - but our current government and their RCMP minions have neither.

Mag limits will never go away - the optics of reversing such a decision wouldn't be PC.

IMO, I can see any firearm that uses removable mags as being suspect for restricting or prohibiting.

Good gawd.....
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.