Thread: ATT to order online?

ATT to order online?

Hey all, I'm in the process of buying my first restricted firearm. I've had my PAL and RPAL for just over 2 years. I got my gun club membership in the mail last Friday, and every weekday since I've been calling the RCMP only to be on hold over my lunch break or notified that they are closed when I call at 2:00 (the message says their hours are 8:30-4:30...)

As a newb, I've heard talk that you don't need any ATT to order a restricted firearm ONLINE, but obviously once it's in my hands I can't take it anywhere until I take care of the ATT situation. Can anyone confirm this? I'm quite frustrated at the RCMP, and normally I'd just wait until the magic day that my call goes through, but the handgun I'm set on is on sale and I'm not sure how long that will last...

Thanks guys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    No ATTs needed anymore. For how long ...hopefully forever.
    There's threads and posts about this all-over the site. But you have ADHD so can't really blame ya...
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan

I was under the impression that ATT's are a condition of licences that were issued SINCE that law was put into place. Mine was issued in March of '13. Am I wrong?

Go ahead and place your order. Once ordered the transfer will take place. Once that has completed, You are automatically authorized to transport your firearm from the post office (or wherever) to your residence. A week or so later, you'll get a new RPAL in the mail (or, at least I did) with new conditions. And finally, a week or so later, again, you'll get a registration certificate and THEN you are able to transport to and from the range / border crossing / etc.

Order placed.

Thanks for the help gentlemen, much appreciated.