Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 870 Shorty

Quote Originally Posted by Tom E Gun View Post
    "Non-Semi-Automatic long arm (non-handgun):
    Factory barrel less than 457mm = Non-Restricted"

Not sure how you reached that conclusion, but the important thing, from my perspective, is that the RCMP do not agree with you. The vendor I purchase the shotgun from include a copy of the FRT table showing it as NR.
    It states that shorter than 26" oal is NR? Care to share it with us?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    There are non-restricted 8.5" barrel shotguns, please stop posting abject ignorance.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

Quote Originally Posted by Juster View Post
    There are non-restricted 8.5" barrel shotguns, please stop posting abject ignorance.
    Yes and it's 28" oal with full stock. On the Dlask site it even says if you put a pistol grip on it becomes restricted.

I'm done here. The law is very clear, shorter than 26" oal is restricted. I sincerely hope you don't get caught on crown land with your restricted guns.

I am talking specifically the Dlask Rem Shorty. Which comes "factory" as an option to be NR or R. I understand the laws of each class. I only want to know about switching in between. As in NR for bear defense and range shooting as a restricted. From what I gathered in the first few posts, its either hard or impossible to go back to NR once it R. But I also see that you have reasonable time to change back before registry. (Also in this thread) So obey the class laws and dont keep is R and it should be good? As in literally the only time its R is on Range or else transporting is an issue.
    Last edited by MirandaV; 08-09-2016 at 10:44 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MirandaV View Post
    I am talking specifically the Dlask Rem Shorty. Which comes "factory" as an option to be NR or R. I understand the laws of each class. I only want to know about switching in between. As in NR for bear defense and range shooting as a restricted. From what I gathered in the first few posts, its either hard or impossible to go back to NR once it R. But I also see that you have reasonable time to change back before registry. (Also in this thread) So obey the class laws and dont keep is R and it should be good? As in literally the only time its R is on Range or else transporting is an issue.
    When it's in R configuration where is the registration certificate that you're required to have?

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    When it's in R configuration where is the registration certificate that you're required to have?
    Quote Originally Posted by frumpy View Post
    OP, if you change your shotgun so that it is less than 26" in oal it must immediately be treated as a restricted for storage and transportation. As for registration, the CFP says a reasonable amount of time to change the status. When I asked them what reasonable was they said 30 days (I have this in an email somewhere). So, if you changed it to less than 26" then changed the stock back on the 29th day you are good to go.
    From this. This isn't even worth the chance of a misunderstanding and ending up in trouble. If/when I get the Rem Shorty I'll just use the pistol grip as a paperweight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12