Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What hearing protection are you guys using?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Regular ear muffs AND ear plugs @ the same time.

I find either/or is not enough.

Cheers
    Jay
    I double up as well, I prefer to keep what hearing I have left lol.

CGN frequent flyer
    Plugs and Muffs (cheap Brownings) with rifle/shotgun, just the muffs with the pistols.

I use the cheapest ear muffs I could find that still have a slim overall profile. The ones I currently have are from Cabela's. Mine have a recess in them not to interfere with the stock. I always double up with ear plugs too. You can get away with cheaper, thinner ear muffs that way.

I second ear muffs and plugs at the same time!
    I found TR Industrial Foldable Ear Muff with Soft Headband, ANSI S12.42/S3.19 with NRR of 34 dB at 21$ on amazon. Ugly but works better then Champion electronic muffs alone.

I always double up with custom fitted ear protection inside and electronic muffs on the outside with the volume turned up. Works really well and my ears thank me.
    "You may not like guns. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. But if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you are going to do are… Call someone with a gun and Pray they get there in time." - Unknown

I've been using Howard Leight non-electronic earmuffs with 32 NRR on top of foam ear plugs. It's hard to hear people, and I'm thinking of getting electronic ones but I don't know much about the technology. I understand that the noise protection is passive and it amplifies conversation, but is it possible it could malfunction and amplify a gunshot?

I love my Howard Leight electronic muffs. They are the most common ones at our Trap club, work very well, while still allowing you to hear4 as normal!

MSA Sordin's are my go to but I carry some generic plugs in my range bag if I need to double up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbalm View Post
    I always double up with custom fitted ear protection inside and electronic muffs on the outside with the volume turned up. Works really well and my ears thank me.
    That's what I'm going to do now that I got my fitted ones. Impact sports with disposable plugs works well for boomers in enclosed shooting areas.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Just using a regular set of muffs that I was issued at work. Can't remember the brand but they're comfy and work.

I'm shooting outdoors so it's not bad.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast