Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What hearing protection are you guys using?

Quote Originally Posted by bsand View Post
    That's what I'm going to do now that I got my fitted ones. Impact sports with disposable plugs works well for boomers in enclosed shooting areas.
    I figured I would update. I got a pair from Costco with a vent so you can hear people speak. I tried them out at the range, and well they SUCK by themselves. I think I may need to use costco's 90 day return policy and get a pair without a vent. I mean I may as well been wearing nothing, when just wearing them around the benches. Doubled up they are OK, not good as my reusable ear plugs from howard leight with a cost of 2.99$.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gnome75's Avatar
    I have been rocking the 40 dollar pair of Remington ear muffs from Cabela's. They have a 30 NRR so I find it works fine with 30-06,303, and 12 gauge. I also only shoot outdoors so indoor I would probably double up but would play that one by ear...haha...

Since I shoot outside I don't even wear hearing protecting for shooting 22lr. Its just not loud enough to be worth it

I'm trying to make the most of what hearing I have left you see back in the day we used cotton balls (useless) or nothing often we drove home after shooting yelling at each other to overcome the ringing in our ears.
    At the range I use disposable plugs with electronic muffs for the medium noisy stuff, I use plugs + some Peltor 30 NRR muffs for braked rifles. When I go hunting even with rimfire I use some Etymotic electronic plugs I can still hear everything like normal and they can be turned up to 5X amplified sound, great when sitting in a blind.
    You never get your hearing back be very careful!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345