Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TNW Suomi M31 9mm - Non-restricted

CGN Regular
    I dont think you would need a rpal to buy the barrel, but legally if you put it on the rifle, you would have to register with the rcmp.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Then you can't switch it back and forth .......can you? It remains restricted........Harold

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Then you can't switch it back and forth .......can you? It remains restricted........Harold
    You could put the non restricted barrel on, and de-register it. But what a pain......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I thought these were all but gone, didn't think that TNW made any more. Its great that they are back as they are a sweet looking firearm, yeah they are heavy but that's part of the charm with them.
    I bought one a couple months ago from tradeex and it works perfectly. The first round you have to let the bolt slam shut and its good to go, no misfires or failure to feed. I talked to Lance at TNW about these and he said the issues on the first ones were due to them being striker fired. All the new ones are hammer fired and they work perfectly. Highly recommend these get one while you can

I talked to Lance at TNW about these and he said the issues on the first ones were due to them being striker fired. All the new ones are hammer fired and they work perfectly.
    How can you tell which version you have?
    Last edited by ginseng503; 08-22-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    CSSA, NRA Swag Owner

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I think you have to pull off the trigger assembly in order to check, I haven't had mine apart yet. I bought it in June and Lance said that the striker fired ones were from a couple years ago. I am sure these new ones that North Sylva have will all be hammer fired. Hopefully they will answer the question for all who want to know. If you were buying a used one I would be more careful as you don't know if its a newer one or not

What about the barrel falling off problem, that's what prevented me from buying one.

Holy cow, the barrel can not fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyspnea View Post
    What about the barrel falling off problem, that's what prevented me from buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    It was a problem with the whole front receiver coming off! There were only a few tack welds holding the barrel trunion to the receiver tube, and with that heavy bolt reciprocating against it, broke the welds. Hopefully they beefed it up a bit

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    Yes it can the part that holds the barrel had bad spot welds on some making the whole piece fall off. Mine was crooked when i bought it second hand. Removed it and welded it properly. Zero problems after that. Fun gun.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast