Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Current Ontario Safety Course Results Processing times?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    You don't get your course results until 6 weeks after??

If your instructor has his sh!t together you should get them in a few minutes after your practical. All the course results have to be mailed in a week after the course.
    That's true in (I believe) every other province than Ontario.

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    You don't get your course results until 6 weeks after??

If your instructor has his sh!t together you should get them in a few minutes after your practical. All the course results have to be mailed in a week after the course.
    I know what I got. It was marked on the spot. 96% written and 100% practical. Was shown the results as soon as it was marked. It's just receiving of paperwork back from FSESO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstonsportshooter View Post
    I know what I got. It was marked on the spot. 96% written and 100% practical. Was shown the results as soon as it was marked. It's just receiving of paperwork back from FSESO.
    You should only need a copy from 1 of the 4 pages of the form (JUS 332). Not sure why FSESO needs to have a part in all of this.

It's stupid because instructors don't have to mail one of the JUS 332 copies to the CFO anymore.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

You should only need a copy from 1 of the 4 pages of the form (JUS 332). Not sure why FSESO needs to have a part in all of this.

It's stupid because instructors don't have to mail one of the JUS 332 copies to the CFO anymore.
    I agree it's stupid. To add to it, my instructor gave me a signed and dated FSESO form stating I had taken and passed both practical and written tests so that I could show my Hunter Safety Course instructor (since i was taking the course with a different instructor since he wasn't doing a One-Stop course) that I ad successfully completed my CFSC. That form alone was enough for my Hunter Safety course instructor to validate firearms safety training so I could get my H1 Outdoors card (which allows hunting with a firearm) of which I have already received that in the mail....2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonsportshooter View Post
    I agree it's stupid. To add to it, my instructor gave me a signed and dated FSESO form stating I had taken and passed both practical and written tests so that I could show my Hunter Safety Course instructor (since i was taking the course with a different instructor since he wasn't doing a One-Stop course) that I ad successfully completed my CFSC. That form alone was enough for my Hunter Safety course instructor to validate firearms safety training so I could get my H1 Outdoors card (which allows hunting with a firearm) of which I have already received that in the mail....2 weeks ago.
    That's what pisses me off. I booked a hunting course for 7 weeks after cfsc (Aug 28) to leave time for a delay. I got no such proof of cfsc completion so without my forms back from fseso, I can only hope I can reschedule the course. The instructor won't return my emails so perhaps I'll just drive 1.5 hours for 7:30am the day of and hope for the best.

All FSESO instructors in Ontario are told to send all paperwork to FSESO/CFO Ontario with in 5 days of courses completion.
    In Ontario they Cannot give papers to student same day.
    They are only told their marks and yes given a form so they can take hunter safety if they want.
    All docs from course must be sent to Orillia FSESO/CFO.
    I believe Its the CFO Ontario who processes it and sends it back to you ,2 copies .
    I'm told it takes average 4 weeks, depending how busy ( backlogged) they are in Orillia.
    I have seen students get them back in 2 weeks and some in 6 weeks in Ontario.
    You will still have the minimum 28 day wait after CFC gets your copies of safety certificates.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper777 View Post
    All FSESO instructors in Ontario are told to send all paperwork to FSESO/CFO Ontario with in 5 days of courses completion.
    In Ontario they Cannot give papers to student same day.
    They are only told their marks and yes given a form so they can take hunter safety if they want.
    All docs from course must be sent to Orillia FSESO/CFO.
    I believe Its the CFO Ontario who processes it and sends it back to you ,2 copies .
    I'm told it takes average 4 weeks, depending how busy ( backlogged) they are in Orillia.
    I have seen students get them back in 2 weeks and some in 6 weeks in Ontario.
    You will still have the minimum 28 day wait after CFC gets your copies of safety certificates.
    Good Luck
    From what I have read on here, namely the sticky for "Shorten PAL times" the 28 days starts when PAL application is received by CFC even without course report. Thhe sticky even goes so far as to recommend sending in PAL application without report if you don't have it, just to get the 28 day period started and then to FAX it in when you receive it.

ok you may be correct about starting the 28 days waiting period .
    never looked into that
    I just know the Ontario process for paperwork from FSESO

I got a letter today from the RCMP about not including proof of course completion. What's worth noting is that a person took a highlighter to the word "fax" and the fax number re: sending them proof. FMITA for paying over $1 per sheet to send a fax but this is a hint I intend to take.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    I got a letter today from the RCMP about not including proof of course completion. What's worth noting is that a person took a highlighter to the word "fax" and the fax number re: sending them proof. FMITA for paying over $1 per sheet to send a fax but this is a hint I intend to take.
    I had read about people having to fax in their results. I plan on faxing mine from work. :D