Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Current Ontario Safety Course Results Processing times?

I did my courses in early July and got my results back by the end of August (did my courses in the Toronto area). After reading through this thread, it definitely seems like my buddies and I may have gotten lucky that it only took ~2 months.
    Like other people are saying; FSESO told us that they are no longer mailing stamped results back and are emailing them instead. When I received my results by email, I though it was spam mail. The sender is "Photocopy room" and the title of the email is "Copy of paperwork." Nothing at all indicating that it was my stamped results. I honestly would have deleted the email as spam, but fortunately my buddy opened his email and told us. So for those that haven't received their test results back, it might be worthwhile going through your inbox, deleted items, and spam folder. I made the suggestion to the FSESO that they should really change the title and sender of the email to make sure that people don't accidentally delete it. Not sure if they changed anything since then.
    Also curiously enough, despite the FSESO saying otherwise, I received a paper copy of my results in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiggles View Post
    LOL... they told me results from an August 6th class would be mailed out the week of Oct. 31. Still nothing two weeks later.

Anyone know where this asinine requirement comes from? Is it a provincial law? Is it some sort of executive authority invoked by the Ontario CFO? Where exactly should frustration with this pointless bureaucracy be directed?
    The FSESO acts as an agent of the CFO in this process so the agency would be the Ontario Provincial Police. See https://www.ombudsman.on.ca/Make-a-C...ubmission.aspx
    EOSC.ca

Another update, staring yours truly...

https://thegunblog.ca/2016/12/08/mis...es-in-ontario/

tldr: FSESO lost a bunch of results from July and August. They still have copies, but now they're trying to go back and send them all out again. Make sure to call in if you're waiting on results from then.

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiggles View Post
    Another update, staring yours truly...

https://thegunblog.ca/2016/12/08/mis...es-in-ontario/

tldr: FSESO lost a bunch of results from July and August. They still have copies, but now they're trying to go back and send them all out again. Make sure to call in if you're waiting on results from then.
    And this is why we should get our results RIGHT AFTER passing the tests LIKE EVERY OTHER PROVINCE. smh...
    Member CCFR, OFAH, NDRGC PROJECT MAPLESEED

I took my course on September 25th and haven't received my results back yet. I applied for my license a week after that, noting that my results would come later. My completed application is due by January 16th or else it is forfeited and I'll need to start over again and pay again...

I still have a little time left and am now calling or emailing every (week)day or two... but responses are rare. Due to the holidays coming up, I'm sure their offices will be closed and/or understaffed for a while soon too. I'm getting concerned that I may not receive my results back in time. Is there anything else I can do to make sure I get them back in time?

Finished my courses November 13, got my stamped results today.

CGN Regular
    Holly molly. I feel so sorry for you guys. I did my course in Winterplague and the instructor handed me my result as soon as he was done grading my test.

Ya...we are "special" here in Ontario.....so special we need a little rubber stamp to verify we actually took the course and passed.....typical Ontario BS.

Quote Originally Posted by winnipeger-survivalist View Post
    Holly molly. I feel so sorry for you guys. I did my course in Winterplague and the instructor handed me my result as soon as he was done grading my test.

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Just thought I would throw this out there.

Did my CRFSC on December 3rd (already have my NR PAL). Just received my copies of course report in the mail today. Stamped December 20th. So just over 3 weeks turn around time. Much better than the 7 weeks it took back from mid July to late August to get my Non-restricted course reports!
    Member CCFR, OFAH, NDRGC PROJECT MAPLESEED

Took my course Dec. 3/4. Stamped course confirmation sheets arrived in the mail today, Dec. 28. So, 24 days. Not bad.