Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Ontario Safety Course Results Processing times?

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar

Current Ontario Safety Course Results Processing times?

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to get a feel as to what other are experiencing for time frames right now in receiving their CFSC results back from date of taking course.

I took my class on July 9th which will make it 6 weeks this Friday (August 19). We were told by instructor it would take 2 weeks to receive the paperwork back. I waited until week 4 before I started making calls and was told that it likely wouldn't be processed yet but to "wait a few weeks more."

Well I have already sent in my PAL application (after waiting 4 weeks to get the CFSC paperwork) and it has been received and is showing up online as "will be contacted regarding missing information" (The CFSC report). When I called again last week (week 5) all I was asked was when I had taken my course and when I said July 9th, her response was that they had just finished processing June's results and that I should be getting it in the next "couple weeks."

This is frustrating for many reasons because the PAL application is waiting on this paperwork: I can't join the local trap and skeet club without a PAL: and I can't purchase a firearm let alone order one until I get a PAL. So far the only thing that has gone right is the start of my 28 days by mailing in the PAL app without the report!

I was just wondering if this delay in Ontario is being experienced by anyone else right now. I did email my course instructor to make sure paperwork was sent in and if he knows anything about the delay as well and am hoping to hear back soon from him. I also plan on calling again this Friday once it reaches 6 full weeks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I left the course with my copy of the course report. But in Ontario, rules can vary from instructor to instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    I'm pretty sure I left the course with my copy of the course report. But in Ontario, rules can vary from instructor to instructor.
    I've read that is the case for pretty much all provinces but Ontario. Frustrating....

I think it took right around 6 weeks for me. You chose a busy time to send it with hunting season coming up they usually get a little busier. Your local gun store might let you purchase a firearm and hold it until you come in with your PAL if you're worried about missing a good deal. Your 28 day waiting period isn't over yet so even with your course report included nothing would be happening with your application right now anyway. At leaat now when you send your report your 28 days will be almost done

Quote Originally Posted by justinb1981 View Post
    I think it took right around 6 weeks for me. You chose a busy time to send it with hunting season coming up they usually get a little busier. Your local gun store might let you purchase a firearm and hold it until you come in with your PAL if you're worried about missing a good deal. Your 28 day waiting period isn't over yet so even with your course report included nothing would be happening with your application right now anyway. At leaat now when you send your report your 28 days will be almost done
    Yes for sure. Getting the 28 day waiting period started was the best move so far. I will likely be doing most of my shopping at SFRC as they are close by and have great prices so I'm not too worried about that. Just sucks when you have your shopping list ready to go and you are still parked waiting for paperwork. But thanks for letting me know you were at 6 week mark too! Now I'm not as pissed thinking it was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonsportshooter View Post
    I took my class on July 9th which will make it 6 weeks this Friday (August 19). We were told by instructor it would take 2 weeks to receive the paperwork back.
    I also did mine July 9th. I was told it would be 3 weeks via email, but I'm still waiting. I wouldn't bother calling them again - they aren't going to expedite anything for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    I also did mine July 9th. I was told it would be 3 weeks via email, but I'm still waiting. I wouldn't bother calling them again - they aren't going to expedite anything for us.
    Thanks for the response. Guess I will keep wearing out the hinges on my mailbox and checking the inbox folder. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonsportshooter View Post
    Thanks for the response. Guess I will keep wearing out the hinges on my mailbox and checking the inbox folder. lol
    Me too lol. I'll PM you when I get mine

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    Me too lol. I'll PM you when I get mine
    Same here! Speaking of which....mail should be going by soon. lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    You don't get your course results until 6 weeks after??

If your instructor has his sh!t together you should get them in a few minutes after your practical. All the course results have to be mailed in a week after the course.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast