Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Current Ontario Safety Course Results Processing times?

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonsportshooter View Post
    Faxed my CFSC results in yesterday (after waiting 7 weeks to receive them), checked status today "completed initial processing. in progress". My 28 day wait period ends this friday. Here's hoping it is issued Monday!!!
    good luck...im STILL WAITING

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Still waiting for what? your course report or PAL to be approved?

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Also, I called on Tuesday to ask if I need to do an interview or my references to be called, and once she pulled up my file and seen it was just a PAL non-restricted she said no interviews and that it was already approved and just waiting out the 28 mandatory wait.

waiting for my test results for the course. i just called again and she told me they are working on tests from july 9th right now and i should expect an email today or tommorow

So final update. Received PAL in mail today. Just over 2 months after doing the CFSC (July 9th). Return of course results being the thing that held it up the longest.

They are emailing the course reports back they do not send them in the mail anymore

Just as a heads up. I took my turkey test yesterday and upon speaking to my instructor, who also did my hunter safety course, I related to him how I had a 7 week wait from day my CFSC was taken and day I received my results back from FSESO. He told me he had spoke to them earlier in the week and they had told him they were pretty backlogged as they were bombarded with about 5000 course reports to process and that they have hired extra staff to help deal with the influx.

So the good news is they are hiring more staff to help process results and the other good news is the growing numbers of potential new legal firearms owners.

CGN frequent flyer
    Question on behalf of my sister.

Can she submit the license application without the course documents to get a head start on the 28 day wait? Or does she need to wait to get the paperwork from the CFO before she can send the application to the RCMP?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    Question on behalf of my sister.

Can she submit the license application without the course documents to get a head start on the 28 day wait? Or does she need to wait to get the paperwork from the CFO before she can send the application to the RCMP?
    Send the application in about a week or 2 after she is done the course. Where it says to check off which safety courses she has taken, leave it blank and add a note saying documentation to follow. Remember to send it registered mail so that you can see when it arrives at RCMP (that will be your 28 day start date). Likely within 2 weeks of receiving your app they will send you a letter stating you are missing the course report and you have until a certain date to send it in enclosed envelope or fax it. I would Fax it! The date is usually about 8 weeks out so you should receive your results by then. In the mean time you should be able to log into the website within 10 days of them receiving your application to view its progress.

Remember after 4 weeks if you have not received your course report to call the FSESO and inquiry about it.

Hope this helps!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstonsportshooter View Post
    Send the application in about a week or 2 after she is done the course. Where it says to check off which safety courses she has taken, leave it blank and add a note saying documentation to follow. Remember to send it registered mail so that you can see when it arrives at RCMP (that will be your 28 day start date). Likely within 2 weeks of receiving your app they will send you a letter stating you are missing the course report and you have until a certain date to send it in enclosed envelope or fax it. I would Fax it! The date is usually about 8 weeks out so you should receive your results by then. In the mean time you should be able to log into the website within 10 days of them receiving your application to view its progress.

Remember after 4 weeks if you have not received your course report to call the FSESO and inquiry about it.

Hope this helps!
    Awesome, thanks!

Hoping to be able to transfer her her first handgun for Xmas.