Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEA 7.62x39 Bolt heads - availability and use with various firearms.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar

NEA 7.62x39 Bolt heads - availability and use with various firearms.

There was a post a while back about NEA 7.62x39 bolt heads being available separately at some point in the future. I've tried emailing a couple times but no response on the last two emails about it. If they aren't coming, or the arrival time is completely unknown I understand, just figured it would be good to get some kind of update as I'm looking for some and would like to buy from Canada ammo.

Edit - I appreciate everyone's trying to help, however I need an 18.5+ inch barrel and am not using this on an AR. Easiest way to find information is to ask questions when making plans rather than assume things. Appreciate the info regardless.
    Last edited by H Wally; 08-19-2016 at 09:23 PM.

nea barrel only, the lugs are different shape and dimension than regular barrel extension

Kk - so I'd need to get the extension as well. Goooood to know.

dont know if they sell those separetly, but i got the bolt and barrel combo and you know its somewhat headspaced from the get go, no mousing around trying to torque that extension pass 100lb-ft

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    dont know if they sell those separetly, but i got the bolt and barrel combo and you know its somewhat headspaced from the get go, no mousing around trying to torque that extension pass 100lb-ft
    Issue being they don't sell the barrels I want. Agreed on the extensions, but hey, sometimes have to do things the hard way :P I'm guessing without comment from Canam the most straight forward thing to do is buy the combo, toss the barrel and screw on the barrel I want to the extension.

Whoops, deleted my post as I didn't realize this was in Canada Ammo's forum until I posted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    I'm fairly certain you don't want to do this. The extension is put on the barrel before the gas port is drilled and headspacing is done.

Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    Issue being they don't sell the barrels I want. Agreed on the extensions, but hey, sometimes have to do things the hard way :P I'm guessing without comment from Canam the most straight forward thing to do is buy the combo, toss the barrel and screw on the barrel I want to the extension.

all he can do at this point is to head space it as normal and hope the barrel extension dimension isn't too far off.

He has 2 sceneraros right now, A) buy the complete barrel and bolt and be stuck with a 16" because anything over that in this caliber is useless and will stay restricted because AR are restricted by name

B) Depends of the new barrel extension dimension, he either has to match the existing barrel extension so that the headspace are very close, and match the bolt to be within allowable range
    Last edited by sky52; 08-19-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Out of curiosity ,what barrel length are you after?ive got the 14.5" version,it's a great barrel for the price.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

To give an answer that really doesn't answer very much, the barrel must be over 18.5 inches, so take from that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by mwjones View Post
    I'm fairly certain you don't want to do this. The extension is put on the barrel before the gas port is drilled and headspacing is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    all he can do at this point is to head space it as normal and hope the barrel extension dimension isn't too far off.

He has 2 sceneraros right now, A) buy the complete barrel and bolt and be stuck with a 16" because anything over that in this caliber is useless and will stay restricted because AR are restricted by name

B) Depends of the new barrel extension dimension, he either has to match the existing barrel extension so that the headspace are very close, and match the bolt to be within allowable range
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Out of curiosity ,what barrel length are you after?ive got the 14.5" version,it's a great barrel for the price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast