Thread: Rugger 10/22

Rugger 10/22

I am looking to get a ruger 10/22 for my son for target shooting, I will eventually be upgrade the gun for his likings but don't understand the large spread in pricing. What are the advantages of stainless, blued and so on. I'm looking more for accuracy and upgradability for long term use, any input is greatly http://i.imgur.com/xjr6LVY.jpg

Stainless is good for the elements, wet damp etc. Blued is basically a rust finish that has its own beauty. I've also read that you will get better accuracy out of a blued barrel but by a very small amount. I would go with the stainless with a laminate stock myself. But any 10/22 will work great and can be modified also if taken care of will last generations, I'm sure of it.
    Instagram 👉 chesterfieldfox

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cteve View Post
    But any 10/22 will work great and can be modified also if taken care of will last generations, I'm sure of it.
    As Cleve said any will work great & last . My oldest is a second year (1965) production I've had since new & it still works great & hits when I do my part . Currently own 72 I collect them) different 10/22s . Basically every mod. that has come into Can. Also some builds . Would have a hard time picking a favorite .

CGN Regular
    I really like the wood stock blued barrel. Nice classic look