Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: really bad service from ellwood epps don't buy from them coz u wil never receive it!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Vendor's must do it for 12-X firearms, because a business can only sell as an agent. Registration of existing prohibs cannot be transferred to the business, only to someone with 12-X endorsement on his RPAL.
    I think it can be transferred to the business but not from the business to another individual... Make sense?

CGN Regular
    I have nothing but good things to say about Wes and many of the staff at Ellwood Epps. Like many other places we all shop at sometimes you just need to know who the best staff are to deal with and who to avoid.
    I'm not saying that I enjoy it when someone in a retail store is rude or disrespectful (and yes, not every visit to Epps made me feel like a valued Customer) however from a retailer's perspective finding good staff is a giant challenge these days.
    Personally I find Wes is great to deal with.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    So what money has changed hands?
    What's your address and phone number?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    I think it can be transferred to the business but not from the business to another individual... Make sense?
    No. The firearm is entered into the business' inventory as a consignment sale, but does not become the property of the business. The registration of the firearm is transferred from previous owner to the new owner; it is not registered to the business.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    What's your address and phone number?
    Well your avatar looks cute but, already taken big guy !

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    They are still open because where else would the locals hang out for hours shootin' the #### with the gun counter guys fondling every firearm, talkin' stories about "well, I used to own one blah blah blah" while real paying customers wait and wait and wait. Last time I ever visited EE I was treated like a piece of garbage and took an earful of attitude from someone behind the counter. That bulge in my pocket? No, I was not turned on by firearm talk, that was the $2300 I WAS going to spend there.
    This times 2. My last two times in the store were so bad that they were my last times in the store ever.
    CCFR Member

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    No. The firearm is entered into the business' inventory as a consignment sale, but does not become the property of the business. The registration of the firearm is transferred from previous owner to the new owner; it is not registered to the business.
    You're talking about how consignment sales are done. I'm talking about why they are done that way.

What I'm trying to say is if a business transfers a 12.6 to itself the gun becomes "trapped" in the inventory. It's a strange one, I know... I remember when this all went down and the rcmp was transferring 12.6 stuff out of shop's names and into the business owners names.

I have no clue why this is..

I don't feel much empathy as the OP added a lot of extras to the story that weren't true and showed he knew very little about the situation. It was a pistol not a rifle. It is prohibited across Canada not just in BC. The CFC is dragging this out not Epps. His story sounded fishy from the get go and it was.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRoxyMan View Post
    better to refund the customer in this case..

just saying..
    Why would a store need to refund a customer when they purchased something they knew (as it is listed as Prohibited) they couldn't legally own ? The work was done as requested by the customer, and it is in the governments hands to finish things up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    once a business transfers a prohib into their name it may as well be a paperweight.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast