Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So why is proof of range membership a thing?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Say you just got your RPAL and wants to buy restricted to go try out different clubs. POCO is one that does calendar year membership, not prorated so based on your go once every two month that is max two trips on $175 2016 membership.
    Yeah, that's true. If you signed up now, you'd only get five months out of it.

Working within the framework of the current situation, it's very much possible to "shop around" without having a gun. Talking to members, range officers, etc., at a club is probably more informative than just shooting there for a couple hours on a day card.
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

CGN Regular
    I have been a member of the local gun club and the NRA for 42 years now. The local gun club has the range facility, except for a couple of years we were with out one, so I joined in order to have a place to shoot.

Now in America, or at least Oklahoma, you do not have to be a member of a range, gun club, or organization to own a firearm. Please understand that there are a number of States, cities, and Districts that do impose restrictions on type and appearance of guns.

Now why is this the case in America and not in countries that came from the British Commonwealth? Simply put it is because out Founding Fathers rejected the belief that power should flow from the top down, that the Government grants privileges to the people/subjects, rather that it is the people/citizens that hold the power and grant the Government its use.

Quote Originally Posted by frigpig View Post
    Wow......

Who's ignorance? Yours?

He isn't talking about the current Trudeau but the last one.

Maybe you should Google 1969 and Bill C-150.

While that bill did many wonderful things IMO it also set the 3 classifications of firearms still in use today and gave carte blanche to the RCMP to place any firearm into any classification they see fit.
    We all know how he voted.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    We all know how he voted.
    How about you send me a PM and guess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ed Smurf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bird View Post
    The range requirement is just to discourage ownership of firearms, just like all the other gun laws we're saddled with in the name of public safety.
    Kristian
    Sad but true, here in Kebekistan I have not even considered getting a RPAL due to the discriminating rules...membership...BS.
    No wood......No good

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Range membership isn't a legal requirement and some cgn members have fought it and won. It's just easier to have a range membership and not pick a fight.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Super Moderator
    Restriction for the sake of restriction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123