Thread: New Licence submission and LTATT

BANNED

New Licence submission and LTATT

Hey guys. I have another quick question about applying for my PAL and (R)PAL.

I have all my application forms filled out and signed. Now comes my question about the ATT or LTATT.

Do I need to do anything further to get my LTATT at all? I know now that we don't have to apply for it through the CFO. I also know that it is now just printed on my licence (when it does come).

I don't currently have the itchy trigger finger to buy a Restricted firearm, nor will I be in the next 3-4 months, being that it's the holiday season coming up and bills are more important than firearms. However I will need it in the future. Is there any other stipulations or requirements to get the LTATT on my firearms licence?

I have read that you need to be a member to a Club with a range, as proof that you need the LTATT. Whether that is true or not, well I don't know. I am a BC resident, if that means/requires me having to do any additional steps to get my LTATT.

Any help would be great. I haven't been able to call the help line, since my work schedule is polar opposites with the availability to do so. Unless there is a 24/7 hotline haha.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Hey guys. I have another quick question about applying for my PAL and (R)PAL.

I have all my application forms filled out and signed. Now comes my question about the ATT or LTATT.

Do I need to do anything further to get my LTATT at all? I know now that we don't have to apply for it through the CFO. I also know that it is now just printed on my licence (when it does come).

I don't currently have the itchy trigger finger to buy a Restricted firearm, nor will I be in the next 3-4 months, being that it's the holiday season coming up and bills are more important than firearms. However I will need it in the future. Is there any other stipulations or requirements to get the LTATT on my firearms licence?

I have read that you need to be a member to a Club with a range, as proof that you need the LTATT. Whether that is true or not, well I don't know. I am a BC resident, if that means/requires me having to do any additional steps to get my LTATT.

Any help would be great. I haven't been able to call the help line, since my work schedule is polar opposites with the availability to do so. Unless there is a 24/7 hotline haha.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    D
    as far as i know, you wont actually get the LTATT until you purchase a restricted and provide club info, to the best of my knowledge that is, when i got mine last summer i asked and they wouldnt give me the LTATT till i actually purchased something restricted, so i did.

BANNED
    That was with the old way when you had to request your LTATT and it is a piece of paper. Now it comes right on your licence. However I don't know if it comes automatically since I passed my RPAL course or if ibhave to provide a gun club membership or some other info.

I bought my first restricted and then I just took it home after the transfer. With the new policy, there are no paper ATTs anymore. Instead, there are 5? conditions that go on your license automatically when you purchase your first restricted firearm: 1. Transportation to and from a gun show or competition to/from your dwelling, 2. Transportation to and from the Canada US border to/from your dwelling, 3. Transportation to and from the place of purchase to/from your dwelling, 4. Transportation to and from a gunsmith to/from your dwelling.

The fifth condition only applies to ranges/clubs that you are a member of (correct me if I am wrong please) 5. Transportation to and from a range/gun club to/from your dwelling.

If you are not a member of any gun club or range during your purchase, you will not get the fifth condition attached to your license. After your first restricted purchase, they will send you another license.

Since you are in BC, you will have to be a member of a gun club to acquire restricted firearms. By law, you don't need to be a member of a gun club to purchase/possess restricted firearms. It's just your CFO's policy.

If you require to transport your restricted firearms elsewhere (such as if you're moving), give your CFO a call and then they will issue you a temporary ATT by email. The whole process for this took a few minutes and was approved over the phone for me.
    Last edited by FitSoldier; 09-05-2016 at 02:19 AM.

The ltatt conditions Wil be on the little piece of paper you have to carry around with your rpal. There are 6. If you don't have them on that paper you don't have them. Then you have to call the cfo and request that the conditions be attached to your license. Then they'll mail you out a new license with a new conditions sheet with the 6 special transport conditions attached
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."