Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 bad experiences - Won't be back :(

3 bad experiences - Won't be back :(

Hi Lanz, the latest 2 strikes are that you sold me crappy .22lr saying it was better than the brand I asked for. Shot about 100 rounds and the report the rounds are making is all over the place. Some sound like squibs and others are fine. Ugly groups.

Walked into bass pro last week and noticed the same box being sold for $10 cheaper than I paid! Bass Pro!

Most recently I walked into the store to talk to somebody about buying a 22LR CZ 455. Was told by Jon to take a business card and email him my request. Ummm OK but I'm standing right here in the store isn't that enough? Oh well. Email Jon my request the next day. Wait a few days and send a poke because I never got a response. Wait a few more days with no response and decided to buy online. Bought the rifle, a cheapie scope, and a crate of S&B 7.62x39 in stripper clips.

I get the impression that unless Dave knows you personally they don't really want your business.

In case anyone was wondering about the bad 22lr I bought, it was Remington Thunderbolt

God bless

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
    Hi Lanz, the latest 2 strikes are that you sold me crappy .22lr saying it was better than the brand I asked for. Shot about 100 rounds and the report the rounds are making is all over the place. Some sound like squibs and others are fine. Ugly groups.

Walked into bass pro last week and noticed the same box being sold for $10 cheaper than I paid! Bass Pro!

Most recently I walked into the store to talk to somebody about buying a 22LR CZ 455. Was told by Jon to take a business card and email him my request. Ummm OK but I'm standing right here in the store isn't that enough? Oh well. Email Jon my request the next day. Wait a few days and send a poke because I never got a response. Wait a few more days with no response and decided to buy online. Bought the rifle, a cheapie scope, and a crate of S&B 7.62x39 in stripper clips.

I get the impression that unless Dave knows you personally they don't really want your business.
    That is unfortunate. However, have you tried contacting the vendor by any other means, to try and resolve this, prior to posting here? (other than the emails asking about the CZ455...?)

You will often find that to be the preference of not only the vendor, but of many CGN members as well. People who immediately post complaints on an open forum without attempting to either call, email or even speak to the vendor's management in person, rarely get any support. However, if you have made multiple, even exhaustive, efforts at communication, only to be ignored, you will find people both supportive and appreciative that you raised a red flag about any poor service, poor product and/or poor attempts at resolution by the vendor.

FYI
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer
    WOW 3 bad experiences you are certainly very understanding.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

I think the point is that if the vender is not bothering to contact you when you are trying to give him money it's not very likely he will respond when you are filing a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    That is unfortunate. However, have you tried contacting the vendor by any other means, to try and resolve this, prior to posting here? (other than the emails asking about the CZ455...?)

You will often find that to be the preference of not only the vendor, but of many CGN members as well. People who immediately post complaints on an open forum without attempting to either call, email or even speak to the vendor's management in person, rarely get any support. However, if you have made multiple, even exhaustive, efforts at communication, only to be ignored, you will find people both supportive and appreciative that you raised a red flag about any poor service, poor product and/or poor attempts at resolution by the vendor.

FYI

CGN Regular
    Sounds almost as bad as general gun here in Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    I think the point is that if the vender is not bothering to contact you when you are trying to give him money it's not very likely he will respond when you are filing a complaint.
    The point I was trying to make is that history has shown that CGN'ers like to know that people have made all reasonable efforts at communicating and resolving a complaint with a vendor, prior to posting about it here. Surely you are aware of this...?

I don't know who "Jon" or "Dave" are in the Lanz hierarchy, but it's one thing for a single employee to not follow up a single email asking about a rifle. It's quite another for a manager or owner to ignore multiple emails, phone calls and even in-person attempts to relay a complaint about poor customer service and faulty products. Wouldn't you agree?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Sorry but I would not agree with you at all, as a CEO of a few retail outlets I sympathies with the customer on this, with the amount of money we blow getting customers through the door, any staff member that treats a customer in this way, does not belong working for us, and every customer that bothers to make the effort to come to us is gold and should be treated that way, if this happened in one of our stores, heads would roll and jobs will be lost, of this I can guarantee you.
    “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Makava View Post
    Sorry but I would not agree with you at all, as a CEO of a few retail outlets I sympathies with the customer on this, with the amount of money we blow getting customers through the door, any staff member that treats a customer in this way, does not belong working for us, and every customer that bothers to make the effort to come to us is gold and should be treated that way, if this happened in one of our stores, heads would roll and jobs will be lost, of this I can guarantee you.
    Hang on, so you disagree that CGN'ers usually require more effort at more communication on the part of the customer before posting complaints here? (at least more than we've seen here) I don't know what to say to that, other than the history of these forums speak for themselves.

As for "the way this customer was treated"... that's if you accept the OP's story as verbatim. In my experience, there is usually 2 sides, and the truth is found somewhere in the middle. How often have we seen someone post a scathing complaint here, almost too horrible to be real, only to find out it wasn't, when the vendor had their say? [ahem... read Epps lately?]

In this case, we don't know for certain that anyone was mistreated (and if you would fire someone based on a complaint like this, I feel sorry for your staff... I certainly wouldn't want to work for you). This could all be a simple miscommunication between the OP and this employee "Jon". This is precisely why CGNer's like to see more effort at communication and resolution before a vendor's name is dragged through the mud. For the OP, he's just some guy, almost obscured in complete anonymity, but the vendor name, and thus reputation is out there for all to see.

You claim you're the CEO of some retail outlets... would you like to see your company's reputation smeared, (and employees apparently fired) over what could amount to be a baseless internet complaint? Wouldn't want more information? Wouldn't you, as management, like an opportunity to resolve the issue before having aired in public? Or do you still disagree with everything I've said?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hamermill View Post
    WOW 3 bad experiences you are certainly very understanding.
    Haha lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast