Thread: Custom / Semi custom Rem 870's

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar

Custom / Semi custom Rem 870's

Just got in some custom/semi custom Rem 870 Shotguns by S&J Hardware and CDN Gunworx

$1399 for shorties, $1099 for long guns.

Tons of upgrades and new parts on these.

Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    When are these going up on the website?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    What receiver are they on? 870P?

Going to get them up on the website over the next couple days.

What receiver are they on? 870P?
    From my understanding the Express (which are used in these) are the exact same receiver as the Police.

The difference is after they are manufactured. (see below) The Police models get extra care, finishes, as well as heavier duty parts. This is something S&J Hardware/ CDN Gunworx does to the Express.

I found this info on the Express vs Police

870 Police shotguns go thru a special 23 station check list – ranging from visual inspection, functional testing, test firing, and final inspection.

All Police shotguns are assembled in a “special build area” at the plant in Ilion, NY. This section is secured and serves only to build LE and Military shotguns, with the same factory personnel working at that assignment each shift.

All parts that enter the “special build area” are visually inspected by hand to ensure top quality and functionality.

Due to heavy recoil in buck and slug loads, all 870 Police guns have a longer magazine spring which ensures positive feed and function.

A heavier sear spring is used to generate a reliable, positive trigger pull between 5 and 8 lbs.

A heavier carrier dog spring is used to ensure when the carrier elevates the shell, it will be held there until the bolt can push it into the chamber. This ensures positive feeding when using heavier payload rounds.

Police shotguns do not have an ISS (Integrated Safety System) which is a locking mechanism on the safety of commercial shotguns. This type of locking mechanism can cause delay to an officer who needs the weapon but does not have the appropriate key. LE shotguns have the standard, proven, cross bolt safety.

The fore-end on the Express model is longer and not compatible with many police shotgun vehicle racks.

The Police shotguns utilize the heavy duty SPEEDFEED Stocks and Fore-ends.

The Express model will not allow for the addition of an extension tube without physical modification to the tube and barrel, which can nullify the warranty.

The Express model has a BEAD BLAST BLUE finish while the Police models utilize either High Luster bluing or Parkerization.

The Express model utilizes a synthetic trigger housing while the Police models use a compressed metal housing.

The Police shotgun barrel is locked down with a “ball detent” system in conjunction with the magazine cap vs. a lesser grade “synthetic magazine spring retainer” lock down as used on the Express system.

The receivers used in Police guns are “vibra honed” to smooth out rough finishes and remove burrs before parkerization or bluing.

Police shotguns use machined ejectors and extractors, as opposed to powdered metal cast which are utilized on the Express models.

Still not on the website yet?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Ah, I see now. I had gone straight to "firearms" and looked under "12 ga.". Silly me.

Thanks

Strange, should be under that as well. I must have missed something adding it