Thread: Hunting license in Windsor

Hunting license in Windsor

I havery completed my hunting course back when I was living up north and just recently moved to Windsor. I'm not exactly sure of the process and where I need to go to have the paperwork processed. I also am not sure where I can find the regions for the hunting license so I can go in knowing the zones I plan to hunt. Next season I plan to go for my big game but right now all I'm looking to get is small game.

Any help would be appreciated.

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Your hunter safety course I believe is valid all across canada. In order to get your outdoors card you will have to go to a Service Ontario office or you can apply for it online on the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources website. There you should also find a region map for all the zones in Ontario. Just be advised that they will ask if you have resided in Ontario for at least the last 6 months in order to be classified as a resident hunter.

Perfect thank you. My paperwork was misplaced in the move and I just found it. Service ontario would issue the tags as well if I'm not mistaken?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob101 View Post
    Perfect thank you. My paperwork was misplaced in the move and I just found it. Service ontario would issue the tags as well if I'm not mistaken?
    Any Service Ontario office can help you. Take what paperwork you have and they'll look after everything for you. Welcome to the sport.

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    The fine fellas down at General Gun are an excellent crew and full of knowledge and im sure they could point you in the right direction
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

CGN Regular kingstonsportshooter's Avatar
    Only tags Service Ontario won't do is Migratory bird license. I believe most Post offices do those. (FEDERAL).

CGN frequent flyer
    Also check if you are hunting small game. Many of the municipalities require you to get a "town tag" for some birds (pheasants etc) and possibly rabbits. Seems to be mostly restricted to South Western Ontario.

They also have caliber restrictions on what you can use for small game, so do check all the regulations, both Provincial and County before you head out.