Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Airsoft?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbalm View Post
    The more competition the merrier. Never tried it but looks like fun. Whatever gets you out of the house!
    .....and this is what may lead to more mass hysteria and posibly another nail in the "real" firearms coffin. Far to many kids stirring up the fear factor by walking around areas, like the Mall for my liking.

CGN Regular
    I was an airsofter for about 20 years.
    Look at the wetech series of gas operated guns.
    They look, feel, function like real steel and break down the same as their real steel counter parts.

CGN Regular
    Not sure that many people here would be into airsoft. Personally not my stuff but you would be catering to a whole new community that might become actual gun owners later on and will remember your store.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    .....and this is what may lead to more mass hysteria and posibly another nail in the "real" firearms coffin. Far to many kids stirring up the fear factor by walking around areas, like the Mall for my liking.
    Hunters say the same thing about black Gun Owners. Collectors say the same about people who shoot 3 Gun and IPSC.

Just add the new products, if they sell, keep stocking them. Seems simple.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

BANNED
    I never played airsoft but I did collect a few of the toys before getting into real firearms. Some of them are pretty impressive models with lots of details and working parts that replicate the real thing in weight and feel.

I still take a peak at them sometimes, especitally for certain no-no prohib type stuff where I can't own the real thing.

Some people buy dewats, will spend $1000 on a dewat AK, when an Airsoft clone that you can rack and shoot (BBs of course) will look pretty damn close to the real thing and not cost nearly as much (of course, I've also see Airsoft rifles which cost more than the real deal).

Here's an ACR I bought just for the handguard. Ended up flipping the rifle but kept the handguard. Keep in mind, I would not normally use airsoft parts on real guns, but the guys on the ACR forums down in the states have been running this particular handguard for years without issues.

I'd only had the ACR for a day before the Airsoft version showed up at my door so I was still new to this rifle and not familiar with all the parts yet. When I had all the parts sprawled out on the laundry room floor for these photos, I could barely tell the two apart and had to double check all the parts before reassebmling the rifle again, lol!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Wow...that looks so real.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    I think it's a great idea. I'm not THAT interested personally, but, my 12 year old son keeps asking me about them and as avid a shooter/gun owner as I am, I have almost no experience with airsoft. At the very least, having a resource/supplier here on CGN could be very helpful for me. I think there is a good chance I'd end-up buying something too. I've watched a few of the (quiet ) airsoft skirmishes on YouTube. No temptation for me, but I'm intrigued because of how into it the players seem to be.

As for what gun~yes, it's a fun idea to shoot something full-auto, but I think my dollars would most likely be spilled for a non-gas/non electric bolt action rifle that has the ability to shoot pretty fast. From what I've seen on some of the YouTube games, they're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    The more kids that get into airsoft the more will likely end up owning real guns. You got it totally backwards
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

Played a bit of airsoft a few years back. I think Gas Blow Back (GBB) rifles and pistols have the potential to sell well, especially models based on prohibited firearms. GHK AK's for instance. Better than a dewat in my opinion... functions, looks, and feels like the real deal while still being legal to plink with.

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
    The more kids that get into airsoft the more will likely end up owning real guns. You got it totally backwards
    I can shamelessly attest to this. Chances are if I never bought that cheapo POS clear plastic AR15 as a kid I'd never have gotten interested in firearms.
    Last edited by Cross94; 09-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast