View Poll Results: Would you like Frontier to sell Airstuff?

Voters
370. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Airstuff would be cool

125 33.78%
  • No - That's for kiddies

245 66.22%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Would you like Frontier to sell Airstuff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    I am not against Airsoft, but I voted NO because I have a hard enough time doing a search for something firearms related and having to try and get past all the airsoft stuff. It's like some time ago I had a thread here about 11mm firearm mounts for a center fire rifle that were not airsoft, rim fire and/or airgun. It took enough time on that and I'm selfish enough to want my CGN sponsors to sell stuff without the other stuff to complicate the searches.

That's just me.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Air/pellet guns maybe, but airsoft definitely no
    The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I am not against Airsoft, but I voted NO because I have a hard enough time doing a search for something firearms related and having to try and get past all the airsoft stuff. It's like some time ago I had a thread here about 11mm firearm mounts for a center fire rifle that were not airsoft, rim fire and/or airgun. It took enough time on that and I'm selfish enough to want my CGN sponsors to sell stuff without the other stuff to complicate the searches.

That's just me.
    Excellent point. When searching the internet for parts and accessories for firearms, it is a pain in the ass to sort out the airsoft from the read deal.

But, more specifically to what Frontier is asking... no airsoft. They should focus on bringing in as many real firearms as they can, at the best prices they can offer. There is already a bah-zillion sources for airsoft, we don't need one of the few firearms vendors we have diluting their both their attention and stock with airsoft.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    Airsoft or bulk cases of steel case 223?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    CGN currently has 164,000+ members. You say "about a third are into airsoft".

That's almost 55,000 people. How did you come up with that figure?
    Let's see bad Lt.

Here is a statistical formula for determining a survey sample size.

http://help.surveymonkey.com/article...ents-do-I-need

If you don't want to go through the entire calculation, here is a free calculator. Don't worry. I took university level statistics for my engineering degree. It all checks out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/sample-size-calculator/

If you go ahead with the numbers you provided, 164,000 members, you can calculate that a sample size of 150 at a confidence level of 95 percent gives you a margin of error of about 8%.

Sure, my comments were a little general. Would you have preferred:

"30+-8% of CGNers at a confidence interval of 95% think airsoft is cool."? (As per the survey's question)

As a newbie to forms in general, I find people are very quick to pounce.
    Last edited by aerobeast; 09-08-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aerobeast View Post
    Let's see bad Lt.

Here is a statistical formula for determining a survey sample size.

http://help.surveymonkey.com/article...ents-do-I-need

If you don't want to go through the entire calculation, here is a free calculator. Don't worry. I took university level statistics for my engineering degree. It all checks out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/sample-size-calculator/

If you go ahead with the numbers you provided, 164,000 members, you can calculate that a sample size of 150 at a confidence level of 95 percent gives you a margin of error of about 8%.

Sure, my comments were a little general. Would you have preferred:

"30+-8% of CGNers at a confidence interval of 95% think airsoft is cool."? (As per the survey's question)

As a newbie to forms in general, people are very quick to pounce.
    You call that "pouncing"...? It was just a question. (and I didn't realize you were so delicate)

I didn't ask for your resume, but anyway... you base it on the handful of people that voted. Got it.

Seems like poor methodology to me, but you're survey engineer...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

How about Frontier Firearms selling some larger caliber air guns in .25cal, 9mm/.38cal, .45cal and .50cal? These can be pistol or rifles, that only shoot 495fps.....this way we could use them much easier without need for an expensive range membership. Prices should be less than $500 cdn.
    I think Crosman is now selling an "airbow" that shoots full size arrows at around 450fps...so does that mean that no PAL is required? Unfortunately they go for around $800/900usd....way too much.

CGN Regular
    Not a survey engineer. Aerospace engineer. Not my resume not even close. How else would I have gotten that conclusion but from the handful of people that voted....
    That's what you do with polls!!

Would you prefer a more thorough approach?

You made a comment as if I was an idiot making some kind of mistake. Maybe it was just my preception. If so I apologize. But now you are making a snide comment about my sensitivity...forms are interesting. read about them, never participated in one.

Taking a sample survey of a population is a very standard component to market analysis. 160 people responding is pretty good considering its free!

Not a survey engineer. Aerospace engineer. Not my resume not even close.
    You're supposedly some engineer-type-guy, doing surveys, so whatever. (I actually don't care what you are).

How else would I have gotten that conclusion but from the handful of people that voted....
    That's what you do with polls!!
    Relax, like I said... it was just a question. Knowing this community, I would be surprised if that many were into airsoft.

Would you prefer a more thorough approach?
    At first... sure, if it were possible. But now I don't really care anymore.

You made a comment as if I was an idiot making some kind of mistake. Maybe it was just my preception. If so I apologize. But now you are making a snide comment about my sensitivity...forms are interesting. read about them, never participated in one.
    Yes, it is your 'perception', so apology accepted. No one called you an 'idiot'. I do think you're over-reacting, and if you think the observations was "snide", then perhaps that's just another perception issue.

Taking a sample survey of a population is a very standard component to market analysis. 160 people responding is pretty good considering its free!
    OK, got it.

I would go co2 bb/pellet guns first.. but really why not sell them all? Not sure why anyone would vote no. Seems almost odd... and I don't own a single airsoft gun.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast