Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

I guess I can share mine as well. Here is my rifle and its first dog after a quick calling set the other morning.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    I am not saying no, but am saying not likely unless bolts and mags can be sourced. So far our inquiries to those who manufacture these 2 critical parts have not been favorable.
    6.5 Grendel is more likely as bolts and mags are easier to source, and at a much more reasonable cost.
    The 6.5 would be a great addition but I find it strange that it is easier to get parts over the more popular 6.8. The magazines are readily available even in 10 round 7.62 x39 pistol versions as both are identical. Just change the follower to the appropriate 6.8 labelled version. This is not nesessary but may give the owners that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Also the 6.8 bolt is stronger as the 6.5 shares some of the deficiencies as the 7.62. The depth of the recess in a 6.5G bolt is .136" as opposed to .125" for 762x39 which is a positive however they share the same rim size.

I am not pointing out anything new but this would sway my personal decision on purchasing a 6.8 over a 6.5.
    Last edited by Sqr; 12-11-2016 at 01:44 AM.
    CCFR — CSSA

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 257hunter View Post
    I guess I can share mine as well. Here is my rifle and its first dog after a quick calling set the other morning.

Nice yote - And beauty rifle! Very nearly went with a similar color, but decided to go with tungsten and the CFW barrel.

What does it like for varmint ammo? I've got a few boxes of 77gr hornady superperformance match and a box and a half of 53 gr nosler varmageddon which was my go to for my Xcr.

Thanks, I intend to handload but haven't had time so far. I've tried the nosler varmageddion and some 60gr nosler match. Accuracy has been decent with both and a little better with the 60gr. I've shot to 300yds. so far and 10rds of each fired stayed within ~5". Just shooting on the gong though and not trying real hard. I also tried some 62gr. pmc which didn't do too bad at 100.

6.5G will be wicked.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    The 6.5 for short range big game hunting is interesting

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FN_DGVrlfzc

Does ATRS use mil spec, or commercial sizes, for the buffer tubes on the Varmint?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    Does ATRS use mil spec, or commercial sizes, for the buffer tubes on the Varmint?
    I was told commercial

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    I was told it all depended on the stock used. an A2 uses an A2 buffer tube. Magpul stuff can be either. I believe the base model collapsible uses a commercial tube.
    These guys are really easy to work with and seem willing to set up a rifle anyway you wish. At least that has been my experience so far.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    If you do not specially request milspec, they come with commercial. I requested mine as milspec because I have an LMT Sopmod waiting for mine, and those are milspec only.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA