Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Canada Ammo - New Pistols have arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    The P762 is not expected until late next year. The factory is booked solid for military orders.
    Boooooo! I'd imagine this means mags will not be available either.

CGN frequent flyer
    can you get the 9mm with adjustable rears in hard chrome?

and does anyone have any pictures of the chamber of the 1911s in 9mm? want to know if they have ramped barrels or not.

Could you guys post the rest of the lineup here to showcase the both sides of the pistols? We would love to see how these are marked/engraved. The pics on the website is stuck at a lower resolution and you cant see any of the details there to enlarge it.

Does anybody have this problem or is it just normal? I just bought Dominion Arms 1911 gov .45 pistol as my first handgun and haven't shoot yet. When i put the slider in back
    position like last round hold open, i found the barrel was very loose and it can be moved back and forth for about 2mm. I am very concerned , that this will cause jams.
    I know here have lots of 1911 fans , you know the gun better than me. Please let me know, how do you think about this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lemon3 View Post
    Does anybody have this problem or is it just normal? I just bought Dominion Arms 1911 gov .45 pistol as my first handgun and haven't shoot yet. When i put the slider in back
    position like last round hold open, i found the barrel was very loose and it can be moved back and forth for about 2mm. I am very concerned , that this will cause jams.
    I know here have lots of 1911 fans , you know the gun better than me. Please let me know, how do you think about this? Thanks!
    Every 1911 I've ever owned is like that,the Norcs might be a little more sloppy then the Other manufacturers,but it's not an issue.they are tough reliable guns.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Every 1911 I've ever owned is like that,the Norcs might be a little more sloppy then the Other manufacturers,but it's not an issue.they are tough reliable guns.
    Thank you for your comment , it helps me get little relaxing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon3 View Post
    The barrel of a 1911 moves up and down when the slides moves backward and forward. The barrel is linked to the frame through the "barrel link", the "barrel link pin" and the "slide stop", so there's 2 node where movement is possible. On the muzzle, it's linked to the slide through the barrel bushing. When the slide is backward, the barrel has to move on the 2 nodes since the barrel bushing is fixed. When the slide is forward, the barrel bushing is at the extremity of the barrel so it's tight. Mostly tight at least. Note that if for some reason it wasn't super ultra tight, the would mostly end up being imprecise, not dangerous.

Basically, if there wasn't any play at all when the slide is backward (and barrel up), it couldn't function the way it's supposed to. I don't know if 2mm is too much, not enough or just right, but those things are fire tested at the factory so if it's new "untested", then I wouldn't worry too much about safety.

As for how good a shooter it is, if it's your first gun and you're starting with a 45, the chances are pretty good that it shoots better than you do

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The barrel of a 1911 moves up and down when the slides moves backward and forward. The barrel is linked to the frame through the "barrel link", the "barrel link pin" and the "slide stop", so there's 2 node where movement is possible. On the muzzle, it's linked to the slide through the barrel bushing. When the slide is backward, the barrel has to move on the 2 nodes since the barrel bushing is fixed. When the slide is forward, the barrel bushing is at the extremity of the barrel so it's tight. Mostly tight at least. Note that if for some reason it wasn't super ultra tight, the would mostly end up being imprecise, not dangerous.

Basically, if there wasn't any play at all when the slide is backward (and barrel up), it couldn't function the way it's supposed to. I don't know if 2mm is too much, not enough or just right, but those things are fire tested at the factory so if it's new "untested", then I wouldn't worry too much about safety.

As for how good a shooter it is, if it's your first gun and you're starting with a 45, the chances are pretty good that it shoots better than you do
    Thank you for your technical explaining. The question is,when the slider set in last round hold open position, the barrel is suppose to be locked. I thought, the reason for 2mm movement of the barrel maybe just because the tolerance of engage part between the barrel and slider is too big. No idea what it will
    happen in my first range day...

I just cried a little bit.
    Not all of Hell , Government or any man shall prevent me from dying a free man.

Two questions about the Norinco CZ75 copy

Do CZ75 mags fit the Norinco?
    Do CZ75 handgrips fit on the Norinco?

Thank you