Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Very Disappointed

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    Ibtl
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

CGN Regular
    I thought about buying from them, but I found their elitist attitude absolutely repulsive. I've been giving my business to those more welcoming ever since.

there will be more deals coming soon in all retailers than a man can buy, but for sure that a cheap move, always stick with the big retailers, standard policy and great service. you work hard for your money spend it wisely , Best luck

Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    I thought about buying from them, but I found their elitist attitude absolutely repulsive.
    Jza:

Can you give some definition to what you claim to be an "elitist attitude" from anyone at Ellwood Epps? Maybe this is something we can work on improving....
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

CGN frequent flyer Londonshooter's Avatar
    Agree with earlier post suggesting thread be renamed by OP to something along lines of "issue resolved by Epps" or "now satisfied" however the original miscommunication occurred. You got what you wanted, right? Not a fan of buying new guns online so only beef I have ever had with EE is how busy the counter is and case in point had every intention of buying a $2000 shotgun this summer but was too impatient waiting out the looky-loos in front of me so my wife and I got back on the highway. My bad for showing up on a weekend - should have known better and planned for a middle of the week visit as this is always what I do when shopping at my local GS. From this and other threads have to say I'm glad I do not work in a gun shop despite a love of shooting.

CGN Regular
    The only one time i went to shop in store was several years ago and it was a Saturday. Yes it was busy, and yes I had to wait behind a lot of people who didn't seem to have any intention on buying. I was warned about this from friends who live in the area so I knew it was going to be an all day adventure. (I live a few hours away)

The staff was very diligent with serving customers in the order they arrived. The wife and I had only recently got our restricted and the staff member (who I can't remember their name now) was very patient. They helped my wife find a pistol that would suit her needs.

I never did make the trip back but bought a few firearms online/by phone since. Maybe one day I'll make my way back up. It's worth the drive due to the massive selection on hand.

Cheers

CGN frequent flyer
    I have bought two guns from Epps and the deals were flawless. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from this store tomorrow!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    Manufacturers set a base price at which their products can be sold. This is called the Minimum Advertised Price, or MAP. In order for a business to sell a company's product, they must agree to sell those items no lower than the MAP price, unless a secondary agreement has been signed allowing that company to sell below the MAP.

In this case, in order for us to match Wholesale Sports price on the rifle in question, at a value that is lower than the MAP, and as we did not have an advertised sale on at that time, we required permission from Savage to release that firearm at a price lower than the MAP.
    Which is why many retailers do not advertise a price on sale items, in fact they will list the price as POR (price on request) or "call for pricing " so you have to call and ask the price, because it isn't advertised.

And that's how they beat the system. They can sell it for less than the MAP price because they didn't advertise a price.

In this case it seems an agreement was reached and by the time the salesperson made the call to confirm the sale was over.

In my opinion this could have and should have been resolved by Epps without the OP needing to out them on this forum to gets a result. Which makes a person wonder if that is what they will need to do to resolve any of their own issues?

I've been going there for years and have bought way too much stuff from them. I have never been rushed when looking at a gun nor have I seen anyone else brushed off when looking at a gun or guns. No matter how busy it gets in there. With the volume they do I'm sure there's going to be a few bad situations but it seems like they made it right.

CGN frequent flyer
    Good thing all you haters won't shop at Epps cause they always have all the odds, ends and goodies I want when I shop there. Almost always for much better prices too. Going to stop in there on the way up moose hunting to pick up even more goodies. The only thing that comes close to a bad experience there is if I don't get good parking. Once I am in the store it's like heaven every time.
    you don't know me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345