Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caribou hunt

We had a total of 8 caribou and because we drove we brought everything back. We have a butcher that processes our deer and he did a great job. Smoked hams, sausage, ground, steaks and roasts. It has a definite taste but very lean. IMO it was more usable than deer. There were a few Quebec residents at the hunt that go each year just for meat. Sorry John for teasing you about the K3. I am the guy that's waiting for it to get back from Germany and really want to use it for white tail hunt.
    Gary.

Hello and thank's for sharing your hunting trip,

i don't know exactly where you were hunting cariboo but, i live in Amos, wich is the very last town before you hit the James-Bay Highway, this road bring you to Radisson and different cree community like chisaisbi, and wemindji or even farther north area. There is few cheap outfiter to hunt cariboo there.
    Also, there is very few chances that you see moose where careboo live, they don't eat the same food, as you notice, there is almost no tree un north.

Here are few pictues from my last hunt ;-)

Thank's again,

Respectfully

Marc

hébergeur image gratuit

Congratulations. I was up there in 1993 with Safari Caribou Outfitters. Awesome hunt.
    "And remember, think safety first and then have a good hunt."
    Tom Knapp.

Member of: Algoma Rod & Gun Club, CCFR, NFA. CSSA

https://www.facebook.com/10576363768...65305077751297

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123