Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Position Statement on Firearms Marking Regulation

BANNED
    Corrosion on firearms due to the CNC engraving, wonderful. /sarc

CGN Regular
    Great letter. Reads well. Will hit the trash bins at Parliament Hill equally as well.

Gun organizations in this country need to start doing more with the money we're sending them.

the real way to get the change we want is to pay for high dollar, heavy hitter lobbyists. all politicians regardless of party understand the term "campaign contributions" and "charitable foundation contributions" equally well. that's something i would get behind financially.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Guess I better start loading up on the firearms I've wanted before June 2017.
    |CCFR|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Basically, the CSSA had just given the liberals a roadmap on how to destroy gun ownership in canada. Without enacting any new law. Maybe not the best of all ideas.

If it looks like this will pass, I'm gonna get a gazilion of cheap norincos right before. These will re-sell at much, much higher price if that thing passes. Actually, it might not be worth it to buy inexpensive firearms anymore. Adding 200$ to a 1500$ gun isn't exactly funny, but tacking on a 200$ marking fee to a 400$ norinco plainly and simply makes that gun not worth buying. It's literaly a 200$ tax on every firearm.

-"Hey Bob, you remember the good old days when we could buy a norinco for 300$? Now they're going for 600$!"
    -"Jim, of course I remember, that was a year ago"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    CSAAA, not the CSSA.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Basically, the CSSA had just given the liberals a roadmap on how to destroy gun ownership in canada. Without enacting any new law. Maybe not the best of all ideas.

If it looks like this will pass, I'm gonna get a gazilion of cheap norincos right before. These will re-sell at much, much higher price if that thing passes. Actually, it might not be worth it to buy inexpensive firearms anymore. Adding 200$ to a 1500$ gun isn't exactly funny, but tacking on a 200$ marking fee to a 400$ norinco plainly and simply makes that gun not worth buying. It's literaly a 200$ tax on every firearm.

-"Hey Bob, you remember the good old days when we could buy a norinco for 300$? Now they're going for 600$!"
    |CCFR|

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Unfortunately the eastern provinces will not allow this to happen!
    Bernier could get the east. He is smart, good policies, well spoken and French!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post

I was going to sell some stuff as I am low on funds but after reading this I will not sell anything

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    the real way to get the change we want is to pay for high dollar, heavy hitter lobbyists. all politicians regardless of party understand the term "campaign contributions" and "charitable foundation contributions" equally well. that's something i would get behind financially.
    Yup. Alas, pro-gun organizations in this country don't do much with the money they receive. They just keep requesting more, promising to do bigger and better things once they have it. If I saw one of them making read headway I would be more inclined to donate above and beyond what I've already given. You've gotta spend money to make money.

This treaty, like damn near every other idea ol'skippy has will be an epic waste of time!! As has been said, we already have import laws in place etc that cover what this treaty talks about. Small business in this country is gonna get hammered hard by this. I predict that we will lose some gun shops because there will be some that can't afford the cost to have these stupid stamps put on all of the inventory. Typical mindless liberals, pander to whomever, regardless of facts...just to get the votes.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast