Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Position Statement on Firearms Marking Regulation

Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Have some faith in our little potato. Not even a year in, given 3 more years, the hair will start to turn grey, the face get wrinkled, and he will prove that he is the most unqualified person ever to be PM in this country.
    Yes,I still marvel that the people of this country would think that being a part time drama teacher and snow board instructor would qualify the shiny pony to run Canada

Lets be clear, on 1st June 2017 this comes into force. Firearms leaving CBSA have to be marked after that date. It does not apply to all firearms already in Canada that have previously been imported and cleared. Only importers and Canadian manufactures will have to be set up to mark guns, this means that each gun would have to be unpacked, marked (Engraved) and then repackaged. At this time no one knows who will be responsible for inspections and enforcement, I guess the taxpayer foots the bill.

Is your local dealer a member of the CSAAA and are they aware of these requirements?

This marking law is beyond stupid. Each firearms already have the brand name and model and serial number, and they can trace back where they were made.

Do this apply to illegal firearms in the hand of criminals? And if they put mark on it, the criminals can't scratch off the marking at all?

John, thanks for posting this.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Lets be clear, on 1st June 2017 this comes into force. Firearms leaving CBSA have to be marked after that date. It does not apply to all firearms already in Canada that have previously been imported and cleared. Only importers and Canadian manufactures will have to be set up to mark guns, this means that each gun would have to be unpacked, marked (Engraved) and then repackaged. At this time no one knows who will be responsible for inspections and enforcement, I guess the taxpayer foots the bill.

Is your local dealer a member of the CSAAA and are they aware of these requirements?
    As I understand it, this was again postponed until 2017 to give them more time (again) to discuss with industry experts, etc.. I understand this needs to go away completely, but isn't there a good chance they'll postpone this again come 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    As I understand it, this was again postponed until 2017 to give them more time (again) to discuss with industry experts, etc.. I understand this needs to go away completely, but isn't there a good chance they'll postpone this again come 2017?
    God I hope so. I have a couple more guns I would want that won't get butchered by bs markings

Last edited by barry.s; 02-25-2022 at 10:28 AM.

No more buying guns after May 31 2017.
    "In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.”
    Theodore Roosevelt

Obviously, no business selling new firearms will be able to operate once this becomes law. The economic shock will be enormous. Tens of thousands unemployed, hundreds of businesses failing, and tens of thousands of fudds finally getting the message; the equivalent of a gun store lock out. Are there examples in other countries of these marking laws coming into effect? The uproar from this would make the gun registry look like a hickup.
    "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." Claudius

What a wasteful load of crap this whole system is. For nothing! There are no humanitarian benefits to this whole joke of a system what-so-ever! Just a runaround way of trying to make firearms unaffordable for Canadians rather than having the sack to straight up ban sales firearms to anyone with a normal income! Devious rat bastards!
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast