Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Position Statement on Firearms Marking Regulation

Wouldn't it be great if every gun shop in Canada at the gun counter in front of those cheap rifles put up a sign saying purchase now before the liberal UN gun tax (yes it's a tax - a cost imposed by government, my defn and most common folk) comes into effect of 200 per gun. I think that may get the attn. of everyone including, actually especially the so called fudds, and we may have a chance to put this dog down or at least forever get all/most gunowners on one side for voting. So maybe we can use this to our advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by sbe View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if every gun shop in Canada at the gun counter in front of those cheap rifles put up a sign saying purchase now before the liberal UN gun tax (yes it's a tax - a cost imposed by government, my defn and most common folk) comes into effect of 200 per gun. I think that may get the attn. of everyone including, actually especially the so called fudds, and we may have a chance to put this dog down or at least forever get all/most gunowners on one side for voting. So maybe we can use this to our advantage.
    Would be a great idea, the fudds I know already have the guns they want and have said that they could care less about the rest of us because those "other stupid guns are a waste of time". I have tried many times to reason with these old fools, they just don't give a sh@t, and they seem happy to say it!!
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheep100 View Post
    No more buying guns after May 31 2017.
    That's my plan. I'm sick of all the gov't BS. Yes, as far as I'm concerned, they won. No biggie for me, I'm in my twilight years. No kids, no heirs, no care.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I'm going to show the guy who Sella fire arms in the next town this information, see what he says, he already has booby traps in his store haha
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Honestly, I cant see this going through. This is a UN bill meaning that all countries will have to devise a plan to follow protocol. Do you know how many firearms are sold in the US alone? The only difference is that if we get a slap in the face, we take it, where in the US, they fight!

Quote Originally Posted by abb1 View Post
    Honestly, I cant see this going through. This is a UN bill meaning that all countries will have to devise a plan to follow protocol. Do you know how many firearms are sold in the US alone? The only difference is that if we get a slap in the face, we take it, where in the US, they fight!
    Time to wake up, this is a done deal, thank all those who voted liberal! and the dealers who keep their heads in the sand! and don't get political active because they are afraid of been targeted! What a joke!!! Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

I get that we are upset with the Liberals, but it says in the first sentence the government signed this in 2001 and created the law in 2004. I am not a real political junkie but that wasn't Trudeau, I think it might have been someone else. Seems to me that the both Conservatives who had years to fix this, and Liberals are behind this. Not sure why we are hearing this now, when it might have been better to deal with it a few years ago.
    Last edited by MikeinCalgary; 09-26-2016 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Time to wake up, this is a done deal, thank all those who voted liberal! and the dealers who keep their heads in the sand! and don't get political active because they are afraid of been targeted! What a joke!!! Time to wake up and smell the coffee.
    I hope they will finally wake up and grab a set and get involved. A simple poster about this UN gun tax is simple enough and not to much of a risk and would have a good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    we need to find a group that will actually do something as far as fighting for our rights, instead of empty promises. Then all dealers in Canada need to get involved together, as well as gun owners. whatever group it is needs to then post a list of supporting dealers across Canada for all members to see....if a dealer isn't on that list...simply don't ever buy anything from them.....ever

CGN Regular
    I still see "SCRAP THE WASTEFUL LONG GUN REGISTRY" stickers here and there. I think something similar would be a good idea. Posters too, for storefronts. One of the organizations should pick this up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast