Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long should your First ATT take? BC

Quote Originally Posted by highvelocityplaya View Post
    That is an inaccurate statement
    ATT's are a CONDITION of your RPAL
    You still require a STATT for some transport such as to the post office etc..
    You need the STATT if you are transporting a firearm to the post office to ship if AFTER the transfer has gone through because at that point, it is no longer yours and the CFO has decided that instead of following the actual law, which says it's for all firearms in your possession, they made it for all firearms registered to you. Completely ignores the fact that the rules say you can borrow a restricted and that your attached transport conditions apply to the borrowed firearm even though it's not registered to you.

By the way any newbies who read this silvercore were great for Complying with ATT range membership. they had the form partially filled out to make it very easy. Said the right things in the right places and told me what exactly to fill out and what to not fill out on the form. The paperwork can be kinda confusing and I didn't wanna mess it up. Keeping it a bit vague seems to be the way to do it ha.

Quote Originally Posted by canmic View Post
    You need the STATT if you are transporting a firearm to the post office to ship if AFTER the transfer has gone through because at that point, it is no longer yours and the CFO has decided that instead of following the actual law, which says it's for all firearms in your possession, they made it for all firearms registered to you. Completely ignores the fact that the rules say you can borrow a restricted and that your attached transport conditions apply to the borrowed firearm even though it's not registered to you.
    Are you saying I need a STATT to get it from the post office to my house? Chances are I won't be home when the post man comes to my door. After all When are you ever home when he arrives?!?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by odizzle7 View Post
    Are you saying I need a STATT to get it from the post office to my house? Chances are I won't be home when the post man comes to my door. After all When are you ever home when he arrives?!?
    The way I interpreted my conditions is that they allow you to transport to the residence the firearm is registered to so picking up at returning home would not require a STAAT. Again I would call the CFO for clarification. I am still wondering why you needed to apply for an ATT in the first place. Did your club require it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xevious22 View Post
    The way I interpreted my conditions is that they allow you to transport to the residence the firearm is registered to so picking up at returning home would not require a STAAT. Again I would call the CFO for clarification. I am still wondering why you needed to apply for an ATT in the first place. Did your club require it?
    I received my RPAL about three months ago.
    At the time what I understood was that the ATT was now built in to the RPAL, however when I looked at the card It said standard transport conditions. When I showed it to a friend of mine who's a "Gun Nut" he said it should say the conditions of transport on the card. He then talked to his friend about it too.
    So apparently, unknown to me, I should have joined a range first and forwarded the membership letter with my RPal application if I wanted to get the ATT on my licence first time around.

If what I just said is wayyy off then by all means correct me. I only know what IV been told.

CGN Regular
    At the time what I understood was that the ATT was now built in to the RPAL, however when I looked at the card It said standard transport conditions. When I showed it to a friend of mine who's a "Gun Nut" he said it should say the conditions of transport on the card. He then talked to his friend about it too.
    So apparently, unknown to me, I should have joined a range first and forwarded the membership letter with my RPal application if I wanted to get the ATT on my licence first time around.

If what I just said is wayyy off then by all means correct me. I only know what IV been told.
    Hmm I may not be familiar with the process if you weren't a member of a range when you transfer a firearm. Ideally what is supposed to happen is you complete a transfer and a week later you get a new pal your conditions. I've been told by the CFO that once you complete your first transfer the conditions are automatically attached to your pal number regardless of what the card says, but please don't consider that as a certainty

That's how it worked for me. Once I made my first transfer I was sent a new RPAL with conditions attached.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/n...-09-eng.htm#a2

#16:

"If you do not possess a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purposes of target practice, you will get the relevant transportation purposes added as a condition to your firearms licence when you:

-acquire your first restricted firearm;
    -acquire additional restricted or prohibited firearms;
    -request a new ATT during valid period of licence;
    -request a replacement ATT during valid period of licence; or,
    -renew your firearms licence with restricted and/or prohibited privileges.

Once the conditions have been added to the firearms licence, you are no longer required to request additional ATTs unless it is for a purpose other than those that have been added as a condition to the licence."

Yes you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/n...-09-eng.htm#a2

#16:

"If you do not possess a valid ATT to transport a firearm to and from a shooting club or range for the purposes of target practice, you will get the relevant transportation purposes added as a condition to your firearms licence when you:

-acquire your first restricted firearm;
    -acquire additional restricted or prohibited firearms;
    -request a new ATT during valid period of licence;
    -request a replacement ATT during valid period of licence; or,
    -renew your firearms licence with restricted and/or prohibited privileges.

Once the conditions have been added to the firearms licence, you are no longer required to request additional ATTs unless it is for a purpose other than those that have been added as a condition to the licence."
    Except that several of the provincial CFOs have illegally refused to attach the conditions unless you send them proof of a range membership and if that membership expires and you don't renew, they send you a new RPAL WITHOUT the ATT conditions on it and you have to start over again getting them put back on (what fun)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12