Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: House Cleaning Clear-out part deux

I can't say for certain what the extra costs will be.

I can tell you that ALL of our SIGHTMARK shipments have brokerage and duty added.

The real question is will the site arrive. Does the seller have export permits to ship that optic? They are controlled and do need permits. Hopefully it won't get turned back.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron1337 View Post
    do you know how much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    I can't say for certain what the extra costs will be.

I can tell you that ALL of our SIGHTMARK shipments have brokerage and duty added.

The real question is will the site arrive. Does the seller have export permits to ship that optic? They are controlled and do need permits. Hopefully it won't get turned back.
    I'd be pissed at the seller for shipping the item and not cancelling my order. That is something that he should know. I tried ordering the sightmark 3x magnifier pro from another seller on ebay and the day after he canceled the order and messaged me saying that he can't ship that item to canada because it's considered a scope. I appreciate him knowing what the rules are. Then again there are ways for the sellers to refuse the order even before i am able to proceed to checkout,but it just let me go through with the order.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Buddy

They will be happy to take your money

It won't be "their fault" when it's seized at the border

I'd be pissed at the seller for shipping the item and not cancelling my order. That is something that he should know. I tried ordering the sightmark 3x magnifier pro from another seller on ebay and the day after he canceled the order and messaged me saying that he can't ship that item to canada because it's considered a scope. I appreciate him knowing what the rules are. Then again there are ways for the sellers to refuse the order even before i am able to proceed to checkout,but it just let me go through with the order.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Buddy

They will be happy to take your money

It won't be "their fault" when it's seized at the border
    It's a pretty paranoid way of thinking ,but ok Buddy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I ordered some KAC rail covers they came through, but I'm not willing to risk it a second time, I thought they were airsoft stuff, I get it and had Knights Armament on them Oo
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    It's a pretty paranoid way of thinking ,but ok Buddy.
    It's not paranoia...
    It's the truth

You have 0 experience on the subject

I would take my word for it

But by all means order some optics from eBay or whatever crap idea you had and roll the dice on weather your ITAR controlled item gets seized at the border or makes it through.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    It's not paranoia...
    It's the truth

You have 0 experience on the subject

I would take my word for it

But by all means order some optics from eBay or whatever crap idea you had and roll the dice on weather your ITAR controlled item gets seized at the border or makes it through.
    like i said i did order already from a seller on ebay who cancelled the order when he realized it wouldn't go through. I did email the seller that Ibought the reflex sight from,and i did mention to him that he should be aware that it might be seized at the border,and i am holding him responsible. Amazon has the emails that i sent to him and also the emails that he replied to me with. I will dispute the case if it does get seize to get my money back. I'm not worried at this point.
    And it is a pretty paranoid way of thinking when you say "THEY will be happy to take your money". Pretty much implies that his business model is based on trying to screw over Canadian amazon customers which is pretty ridiculous.
    Last edited by megatron1337; 10-03-2016 at 09:27 AM.

In all honesty most US based retailers have no idea about ITAR and what it involves, controls or anything about it. Most think that selling to Canada is the same as selling to another State, just drop it in the mail and away it goes.

Most are pretty decent about getting your money back if they can't supply what you've ordered, while some of the less scrupulous dealers leave you out of pocket.

I'd suggest the ones posting on any sites like Amazon.ca have no clue exporting or any possible restrictions.

When you're a Canadian buying from a US based company it truly is, buyer beware.

We've even run across some US manufacturers who do not understand their own legal requirements within their own country let alone exportation.

That's an awesome deal for anyone looking
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Regular
    When is house cleaning part 3 coming?

I could use an LMT, rearranged the gun safe to make room for one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast