Thread: Magazines for the new batch of Norincos

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Magazines for the new batch of Norincos

Hi guys. It's great that the new batch of Norincos handguns have arrived.

However, it's kinda hard to find magazines for them. You still have some norincos for the NP29, but nothing for the SIG and the CZ clones. I'm now the happy owner of a SIG clone of P226, and I plan on buying a CZ clone, but getting magazines is next to impossible. The only ones available in canada are original SIG magazines, but so expensive that a few of them will cost the price of a new Norc. The only reasonable option right now is to get them from Brownell, but at 25$ US each, plus about 15$US shipping for 4 mags, that ends up kind of expensive after exchange rate is accounted for, and shipping takes forever.

In another thread, you said you ordered mags for all these guns, but do you have any ETA? Also, are they norincos or Mec-Gar?

Thank you for your answers.

tagged for interest. I have an NP34 (Sig P229 clone) the mags are a tiny bit shorter than P226 so p226 works, but sticks out a bit. I wonder if anyone knows a source of NP34 mags...
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain

I'm using the stainless meg gar 226 mags in my np22 . work great , have 6 in total , no problems so far
    also using the mec gar 9mm 1911 mags in my np29, no problems either

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker56 View Post
    I'm using the stainless meg gar 226 mags in my np22 . work great , have 6 in total , no problems so far
    Yeah, I'm sure there's technically no problem, but the cost and the wait time when buying them from Brownells is something to consider compared to buying Norinco mags (~45$ for Mec-gar, 25-30$ for Norc). If ETA is in months then no choice other than importing.

For similar prices I'd rather buy canadian anyway.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker56 View Post
    Just a question: have you ever tried 40sw magazines in your 9mm np22? Some people report that it works 100% fine and they can use 12 rounds of 9mm in a 40sw magazine. I've also heard the same claim about CZ75 in 9mm and 40sw.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by edojan View Post
    tagged for interest. I have an NP34 (Sig P229 clone) the mags are a tiny bit shorter than P226 so p226 works, but sticks out a bit. I wonder if anyone knows a source of NP34 mags...
    I do, but only awfully expensive SIG Sauer, no mec-gar or norinco. You'll probably prefer to stick with the 226 or keep looking for cheaper. I can PM you if you want.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    Works perfectly fine. I'm using norc .40 cal mags in my NP22. The only issue I had was the slide locking back and one round left in the mag. Very easy fix. I can get 13 in both of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Just a question: have you ever tried 40sw magazines in your 9mm np22? Some people report that it works 100% fine and they can use 12 rounds of 9mm in a 40sw magazine. I've also heard the same claim about CZ75 in 9mm and 40sw.
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Works perfectly fine. I'm using norc .40 cal mags in my NP22. The only issue I had was the slide locking back and one round left in the mag. Very easy fix. I can get 13 in both of mine.
    Thanks. Now canam should know what to stock up on

CGN frequent flyer
    you can try mecgars for p228. some canadian retailers and brownells have it.