Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G10 Knuckle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    I have a pair.

But just FYI there is a video of them being tested and breaking after a couple punches. Depending why you want them...

I don't care what you say.. You hit someone in the face with those, hard enough to break them, your doing serious damage to the face, muscle and bone structure of said persons face... and then they would become the "victim" of the scenario and you would get crucified.

And then these will be on the news as a "currently legal dangerous weapon" and would soon become prohib as well.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarms View Post
    I don't care what you say.. You hit someone in the face with those, hard enough to break them, your doing serious damage to the face, muscle and bone structure of said persons face... and then they would become the "victim" of the scenario and you would get crucified.

And then these will be on the news as a "currently legal dangerous weapon" and would soon become prohib as well.
    I just wanted to know how they were legal to possess. I just think they are a cool item, that doesn't mean I want to punch people.

Youza.
    Last edited by Youzawhale; 10-04-2016 at 02:47 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft poll & risk loosing my PAL do to having something grey area like this. 15yrs ago I was stupid enough to think about it, not anymore. I enjoy my rights to own & shoot guns why risk it on this item.
    All it takes is a cop that thinks it's prohib & a charge then your in legal waters, next they take the guns. Not worth it to me.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocolt View Post
    All it takes is a cop that thinks it's prohib & a charge then your in legal waters
    Same thing can be said for certain guns. No sure why you think owning only guns and nothing else shields you from wrongful prosecution.
    I mean, even having an ex-wife is a risk for your gun license in this country...so by the same token, maybe we should all remain single, just to be on the safe side?

Youza.

CGN frequent flyer
    Also judging from a few helpful replies here, these aren't a grey area anymore than any other cool boom sticks we own so...
    Anyway, thanks for the replies, I got my answer.

Cheers,

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    I just wanted to know how they were legal to possess. I just think they are a cool item, that doesn't mean I want to punch people.

Youza.
    I wasnt implying that... But I garantee you, someone who is lacking common sense, will buy this "legal" product, that has obvious self defence implications, and use them in the heat of the moment and boom, locked up!!!

And BroColt is right... The interpretation of an items legality is totally up to the officer. I had an argument with a local Parks Officer about the legality of short barrelled shotguns. This person who I feel is actually a very intelligent individual, flat out told me that if they saw someone with an 8" shotgun in the bush, they'd seize it and arrest them. I had to show this person with information on my phone that they aren't prohib and why. It took a bit of a fight to make them see why.

And another on another occasion, I had a Freind who's employee was cuffed to the bumper of his truck in Edmonton for 30 minutes while his truck was searched at a check stop. He works in GC and our local Home Hardware had a sale on ammo. He bought 1500 rounds of 9mm at the sale and was heading home. He got asked at a check stop about firearms in the vehicle and when he showed them his hunting rifle, they saw the 9mm ammo. They asked where his handgun was, he said "locked up at home where it should be" and told them why he had so much ammo. The officers told him that for his safety and theirs, they'd have to detain him during the search and cuffed him to his bumper like a criminal for 30 minutes. Right on the yellow head, because he had ammo in his trunk.

They interpreted the ammo as a threat, embarrassed the poor guy and cuffed him and he did nothing wrong.
    Last edited by gcarms; 10-04-2016 at 09:46 AM.

15 The device known as “Brass Knuckles” and any similar device consisting of a band of metal with one or more finger holes designed to fit over the fingers of the hand.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../fulltext.html

METAL makes a prohibited device. Anything else is not.
    At this point it is intent and use that makes it a weapon.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    15 The device known as “Brass Knuckles” and any similar device consisting of a band of metal with one or more finger holes designed to fit over the fingers of the hand.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r.../fulltext.html

METAL makes a prohibited device. Anything else is not.
    At this point it is intent and use that makes it a weapon.
    I haven't clicked the link but IIRC... Metal OR WOOD.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast